What's new

Talisker 18

I had picked up a bottle of Talisker 18 in Scotland, at the duty free shop in Edinburgh Airport. Today, I cracked it open after shoveling some now with my neighbor across the street.

We started with Ardbeg 10, Black Bottle 10, and finished with the Talisker.

If you've tried the Talisker 10, the 18 is much smoother. It retains all the warming effects of the 10, without the harshness.

Might I add, that after three shots I am in far better shape than our friend across the pond, R-James, or whatsisname :biggrin: as I can still type coherently and without typos. :lol:

So, yes, lads, do yourselves a favor and snag a bottle of Talisker 18. You won't regret it, though your wallet might.

Talisker 18 is not one I have had on my rounds of the bars in the past but I may have a try sometime.

I shall have you know I am a perfectly upstanding member of this community with no spelling errors to my name :lol: !!

May?

The worst part about this is that after trying the 18, the Talisker 10 which is an incredible dram in its own right tastes like something peasants would drink. :biggrin:

coincidently i've been enjoying a dram the last few nights. I enjoy the Skye malts. Robust like Islay, but a different kind of strong experience. "I like peat"

If you like Peat, be on the lookout for Bruichladdich's Port Charlotte bottlings and their Octomore, the highest peated malt on God's green earth.

old thread, but why not bump it. Talisker is a great peaty distillery.

I found the Octomore but which one? I just bought a Bowmore 12, but it does not stack up to the 'peat' department as Tallisker.

Any other PEATY suggestions that are not medicinal? As reference Talisker has so far proven my favourite of the heavy peats, having tried Ardbeg, Laphroig, Bowmore 10, 12 and a couple others.

Something ideal for the cold season. (now in Oz).

Last edited:
Top Bottom