What's new

help with buying second brush

I've had an EJ super badger for about a year now (great brush by the way, especially for creams), but I am looking into getting another brush for a few reasons. First, I HATE having to take my brush back and forth between my room at college and my house. So many times I have gotten to college and remembered that my shaving brush is still at home! :eek: I also want a brush that will be a little better with soaps. I've really struggled getting good lathers from soaps with my EJ Super for some reason, it almost feels too soft. With money being a bit tight, I think I want to try out an Omega boar brush. I have a couple questions:

1. At the few places I have seen the omega brushes sold online, the prices seem inconsistent at best. Are they sold in any common drugstores in the US? If not, where is the best place to buy one online?

2. I might have a burma brush from........:glare:walmart........ lying around somewhere that I used only once or twice before my EJ arrived. If I remember, it was almost too stiff to apply lather to my face; it would just push the lather around leaving little on my face. If I started using this more consistently, would it break in and become better/more soft?

3. Are there any other recommendations you would make for a good soap brush in the $15-20 range? By no means do I have my mind set on an omega, they've just seemed to get fairly good reviews for the price point.

Thanks in advance for any advice, I really appreciate it!

Thanks! After looking at that, I think the tweezerman is definitely the way to go. Any idea if they're sold in any drugstores or the like? I'd rather not have to buy online and pay for shipping but amazon had a decent price if I have no other option.

Top Bottom