What's new

Now you have me worried! Simpson Shedder

What date did Simpson get new ownership and start using new adhesive for there brushes ?
I bought a Duke 3 best from Em's place maybe a year ago, maybe more.
How can I tell if it's pre or post Vulfix ??
I have been noticing a few hairs here and there, nothing drastic but concerning. I love my Duke and don't want her to fade away !!
Tips, Dates, Replacement policies, Tell tale signs.

Thanx

The writing on the brush would be stamped in lamp black if it is pre-Vulfix. If it is etched you have a Simfix brush.

I believe there were several waves of bad brushes near the end and it's hard to tell how long stock was on a vendors shelves before you bought it so you can't be certain whether yours has the bad adhesive or not.

My Duke has the lamp black you mentioned not the etching. Simfix that's funny, there is still Simpson brushes just produced by Vulfix right. What a shame, what the hell happened to Simpson, hard times I assume.....

Stories I've been reading say Simpson was able to fix it's quality control problems before being bought, but their solutions came a little too late.

I have not dealt with Vulfix, but I have dealt with Em and she is known for excellent customer service; if it does become a consistent shedder, shoot her an email, I'm sure she'll make it right.
May I even suggest to ask if she can ship your original one back to Vulfix to be cared for if you prefer to keep the original handle.

You wrote that you bought it a year ago, maybe more? If that's the case, it's definitely pre-Vulfix. The takeover was sometime in the middle of 2008.

The easiest way to tell a Vulfix from an original Simpsons is that Simpsons used lampblack to stamp the model number/name on the brush. The Vulfix brushes are etched. Also, the decals stay on now.

Top Bottom