What's new

Slight bit of redness

Tonight after I shaved I noticed a bit of redness on my chin and a little of my neck.
It doesn't hurt or anything, it just looks red.

I was wondering if a talc would blend this in more?

Here is a picture:
proxy.php

The picture makes it look a little worse than it really is.

Wow, that looks like it does hurt!

I'll let someone more experienced deal with the redness but up at my end, your skin looks to me like it's very very dry. Try an aftershave balm like a cheap bottle of Nivea Sensitive or some simple moisturiser by Vaseline. It won't cure the redness straight away (if at all) but it will certainly make you more comfortable!

Wow, that looks like it does hurt!

I'll let someone more experienced deal with the redness but up at my end, your skin looks to me like it's very very dry. Try an aftershave balm like a cheap bottle of Nivea Sensitive or some simple moisturiser by Vaseline. It won't cure the redness straight away (if at all) but it will certainly make you more comfortable!
I use proraso and nivea aftershave and I also use a moisturizer..

Its not really dryness, it just got red because I went over those two spots just a bit more than I should have, it is entirely cosmetic and has no feeling to it at all.

Thank you for the help though.

For the record, when I woke up today it looked the same.

I picked up some talc and this is how it looks now:
proxy.php

Wow. Reminds me of my very, very first attempt at a DE shave. The slight difference is that I had that red stuff all over my face and neck.

From what I can tell, it looks like razor burn, but that usually hurts like h3ll! You'll burn your face up if you go over the same spot too many times.

Perhaps changing the blade is in order? Or, a different blade manufacturer?

What are you currently using?

Razor burn, always relather before making another pass. No pressure and what blade are you using?

BTW when you post a photo of your bedroom on the interweb make your bed!:w00t::lol:

Honestly, It was because I went over that area fast, I rushed.

The picture makes it look worse than it was.

But I was using a red box israeli blade.
Pressure was nill like the rest of the shave, just stubborn stubble and I was rushing.
My skin gets like that sometimes.

Top Bottom