What's new

Thermos

Can anyone recommend a thermos? I know there are so many to choose from and they all do the same thing...but I take my coffee to work day and I hate the thermos that I have.

Anyone have any suggestions/links.

I have found over the years that the Thermos brand is the best to get. I always preferred the heavy duty metal thermos over the plastic as they don't break so easy. The only problem with any thermos type bottle is if/when you break the glass bottle inside. You can get a replacement or just by a whole new one.
Also as with any thermos, you need to preheat it with hot water before putting your coffee in it so it can stay hot longer. I also liked the ones they make for hot foods like chili.

Also agree with the Thermos or Stanley brands...many cheap options are out there but they just don't work.

The Thermos/Nissan brand is a good vacuum bottle, Sierra trading post has them discounted all the time. The next step up is the Zojirushi.

I have found if I am in the field for a long day, two smaller thermos work better than one large one.

The old standby green Stanleys are tough to beat...and you can beat on them pretty tough, too. I have a Stanley 2 quart model that, while I love the size, is exceedingly difficult to open when very full. Two smaller ones would be a little easier to open and pour while driving down the road.

I have this bad boy, and he's awesome!
as an experiment, I tried this...
made press coffee one night, around 9:30 PM, poured into thermos (pre-heated with hot water, of course)
7:30 next morning, still HOT and wonderful!
I love this mamma-jamma

+1 on the Stanley shown in sol92258's post above. No glass liner to worry about. Received mine as a gift over 2 decades ago. It has been a faithful companion over countless vacation miles, kicked around many a duck blind and still keeps a generous amount of coffee piping hot!

I'm right happy with my blue Thermos from Target. Stainless steel inside & out, and it keeps a lot of coffee hot all day.

As the posts in this thread suggest, you can't go wrong with a Thermos or Stanley.

+ infinity on the Stanley thermos, in my previous career path I carried my lunch with me.

My Stanley thermos fell 33 stories down an elevator shaft. I figured it was toast, the old connector I worked with said "son, I forgot my thermos this mornin' you better go get yours." I kinda laughed. He said "hell, boy its only 33 stories that thermos is just fine."

I ran down and found it. Sure enough it is still my faithful coffee companion 5 years later.

made press coffee one night, around 9:30 PM, poured into thermos (pre-heated with hot water, of course)
I love this mamma-jamma

Thats the one I have, works great! It will last a life time.

I love this mamma-jamma
+1 on this bad boy. I've had mine for 17 years. It has survived a few trips down the Lambeau Field steps. Damn near bullet proof. Highly reccommended.

Aaron

I have an all chrome Stanley that will keep the beverage warm into the next day. They simply work!

I like my Thermos Elemont. I have two. And have one of the Nissan/Thermos ones too. They rock. All of the one discussed here are available at Target. I really wanted a Stanley, but they were just too big!

Top Bottom