What's new

British Sterling

Today while at Wal-Mart, I sampled some of this and really liked it. Is there anyone else that likes this fragrance? I am thinking of buying a bottle of it to use as an aftershave.

Today while at Wal-Mart, I sampled some of this and really liked it. Is there anyone else that likes this fragrance? I am thinking of buying a bottle of it to use as an aftershave.

I have it and use it on occasion. I think it has a slight Floris No. 89 vibe to it. Not as complex, or as refined, but in the neighborhood.

I have both the aftershave and cologne. (a set) Though they have the same list of ingredients, the aftershave has a green tint to it. I really don't know if there's a difference or not. I use the cologne more than the aftershave, though as aftershave it seems to be fine too.

-Mason

I think cologne usually has a higher alcohol content and aftershave has less alcohol and more water. I'd imagine using the cologne as an aftershave could result in a pretty intense burn.

I think cologne usually has a higher alcohol content and aftershave has less alcohol and more water. I'd imagine using the cologne as an aftershave could result in a pretty intense burn.

And a pretty intense aroma...AS tends to have less Fragrance than Cologne.

I am not worried about the burn, I actually like it. I think I will pick some up on the net sometime.

Yep figured that out! I use the cologne as a aftershave splash and I dilute it with some water to mellow it out a bit. Doesn't sting at all.

This is the first cologne/AS that I found, as a boy, in my Dad's dop kit from his days in the military. For this reason, I have fond memories of the scent.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
OK. All this talk about British Sterling has rejuvenated my interest. Who's in for a British Sterling Day?

I believe it would have to take place on a weekend. I don't know about wearing it to work. :biggrin:

Tomorrow I am going to use to the British Sterling Aftershave and cologne. I don't believe I am going anywhere tomorrow. :wink:

I got the aftershave too, I think it pairs well with Versce Blue Jeans. I shaved today and splashed this on my face and it felt great, and smells great too. I didn't think my gf would like it but she does, didn't expect that since were both in our twenties and most people associate this sent with old people but I think its very masculine.

The 99 Cents Only stores in Southern CA have a bunch of .5 oz bottles of British Sterling, English Leather (Original, Lime, and Musk) for, well, 99 cents each. I bought one of each and have been enjoying each of them.

I would not have spent more on each otherwise; but in hindsight, I would have easily spent more on larger bottles. :)

I got the aftershave too, I think it pairs well with Versce Blue Jeans. I shaved today and splashed this on my face and it felt great, and smells great too. I didn't think my gf would like it but she does, didn't expect that since were both in our twenties and most people associate this sent with old people but I think its very masculine.

yeah same with my fiance. she likes aqua velva. she thinks it smells manly. sometimes i can get away with stuff. but when you tell her its and old thing like old spice or skin bracer she's all surprised it smells good.

Top Bottom