What's new

Free SHARPS container w/biohazard sign.

you may have seen this on one of Mantics videos. I got one last year, its gonna take a lifetime of blades to fill it, and it fits nicely under the sink.

This may not be for people that dont have an "under the sink" cabinet.

Free SHARPS container

This is a great deal and everyone should be disposing of their spent blades in this manner. They are biohazardous material.

Thanks, ordered one. It looks big! Currently I just put my blades in a plastic Gatorade juice bottle, which has a wide mouth. I havent thought of what to do with it when its filled. The bottle will hold a lot of blades too.

Thanks, ordered one. It looks big! Currently I just put my blades in a plastic Gatorade juice bottle, which has a wide mouth. I havent thought of what to do with it when its filled. The bottle will hold a lot of blades too.

Big? The thing is like a foot across and 6 inches deep.
I've been disposing of razors in my box for a year now, and it still looks empty, i doubt the layer of razors is thicker than 1/24th of an inch.

Thanks I was wondering what to do with mine and remember the container in the videos but never imagined they were free. Finally something in shaving that I can afford

I suppose, when it is finally disposed of, I could apply a biohazard label to the aluminum soda can that I use for a blade bank, but the container referred to in the link above seems like a bit of overkill for the purpose of disposal of razor blades.

When your great-grandson. perhaps, finally manages to fill that huge box, it will probably weigh close to as much as a solid block of steel of about that same size. I believe I'd just as soon use a little smaller container and get rid of it and start over every generation or so. :001_rolle

Regards,
Tom

I suppose, when it is finally disposed of, I could apply a biohazard label to the aluminum soda can that I use for a blade bank, but the container referred to in the link above seems like a bit of overkill for the purpose of disposal of razor blades.

When your great-grandson. perhaps, finally manages to fill that huge box, it will probably weigh close to as much as a solid block of steel of about that same size. I believe I'd just as soon use a little smaller container and get rid of it and start over every generation or so. :001_rolle

Regards,
Tom

Lol, i was thinking the same thing when i first got it, i figure i'll take it to the hospital for disposal when its weighs about 5-6 pounds.

Hmm... not sure I want my date to find this bad boy when I lazily forget to refill the toilet paper and she starts rummaging under the sink.

Her: "Hey, um, what's with the biohazard box under the sink... "
Me: "It's for my used blades."
Her: "Your what?"
Me: "My used biohazardous razor blades"
Her: "Oh."
Me: "Yep."

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Okay, by a show of hands, who else ordered one just for the biohazard label?:tongue_sm

ouch

It's a shame that my daughter will claim it, to use as a lunchbox. Should help keep the bullies away.

It's a shame that my daughter will claim it, to use as a lunchbox. Should help keep the bullies away.

Have fun getting the thing open, its made so that the lid cannot be removed without serious damage to the box, also, once you close the small sliding lid its really difficult to get it open again.

ouch

Have fun getting the thing open, its made so that the lid cannot be removed without serious damage to the box, also, once you close the small sliding lid its really difficult to get it open again.

I said the same thing about my wallet, but we all know how that turned out.

My kid (who has become something of a Hitchhiker's Guide trivia expert) can open it, no problem. She got the "opening things up" gene from my wife.

Cool deal, thanks for the link!

Thanks, ordered one. It looks big! Currently I just put my blades in a plastic Gatorade juice bottle, which has a wide mouth. I haven’t thought of what to do with it when its filled. The bottle will hold a lot of blades too.

Many pharmacies will accept sharps containers and even homemade sharps containers when they are full.

That is a great link, I need to order one.

By the way, not to hijack the thread, but this reminds me to be very careful when I remodel my bathroom, because my medicine cabinet has slots for blade disposal. I may have a biohazard nest behind my drywall between two studs!:eek:

Just ordered one. It seems like a much safer(and saner) way to dispose of the blades. Right now it's just a Wal-Mart brand Excedrin bottle kept on a high shelf so SWMBO can't reach it by accident(she's shorter than me so it works out)

Top Bottom