What's new

Acquisitions December 15 - 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, an instant collection is always a good thing.

Is the blue handled one on the left the Knack? let me know how it shaves since thats the next razor on my list.

Uh-oh, the 2008 LE's are starting to show up, looks like they are working their way east....hopefully will be to Ohio very soon....

OldSaw

The wife's investment
proxy.php

Have you shaved with the travel yet? I have one just like yours and it is a great little shaver for me.

proxy.php

2008LE after first use/bloom, AOS soap is unscented...

That brush is so awesome. I might have to spring for the 2009 edition.

Mate, and don't attack me for this, I was even more uneducated at the time than I am now, and threw it out thinking it was sh*t!

I'll try retrieve it and if I do, you can have it :)

My 50% off order from Kiss My Face arrived today.

From lower left clock wise:

Olive & Green Tea Bar Soap (slippery when wet, and hydrating too)
Organic Moisturizer - C's The Day (feels great on the skin)
Fragrance Free Moisture Shave (great for prep before the shave, you can get pretty good shaves with it)
Kisses On Trial (samples of everything)
Liquid Rock Roll-On Deodorant Fragrance Free (good non-pore clogging stuff)

center:

BACON :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Finally got my order of Fitjar Shaving Soaps from Norway (Royal Mail's fault, they were shipped quickly enough from Norway) and a puck of Windsor Shave Soap from Australia.
Unfortunately, my wife was quicker than me when it came to placing the orders, so I can't play with them 'til Christmas. :crying:

Went to a local thrift-shop yesterday and noticed a lonely razor and a 10 pack of blades sitting under the glass. Asked the guy at the counter how much, and he said $10. Called sol92258 to see what he knew about the cut-throat and his cursory searches turned up little. I noted that the blades that were in package were "shaper blades" looking like the turrets on a castle, not too useful for shaving, but maybe you can get regular blades for it too... still, $10? "Too rich for my blood," I told the man.

"$7.50?"

"Sold."

So, now I've got a razor I can find little information about. I've been able to find replacement shaper blades for this little jewel, and I can find straight blades for other feather razors, but I'm not sure if the standard blades will fit it. Does anyone know?

I'll try to post some pics later.

For now, here's the description:

It has lime green scales with silver writing:
Feather Plier Standard *L

The blade holder has a plastic slider built in for ejecting blades.

Here's the closest picture I can find online (note that it doesn't have the thumb slide):
proxy.php

Finally got to the mall with a Crabtree & Evelyn to use my gift card. 20% off! Got 2 Nomad shaving refills and a Pure Badger brush!

I stopped at the AOS store and couldn't help myself..

proxy.php
proxy.php

I had been planning on just waiting and buying a dovo SS straight online. But I knew that if I didn't bite the bullet right then, I would have backed out.

I also bought one of these for my dad for christmas:
proxy.php

4711 cologne - 27 fl oz (800ml),
Tabac cologne in a spray bottle.

Total price was just a penny short to get 30% holiday discount. But she did it anyway. I think I am stocked with 4711 for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom