What's new

Acquisitions December 15 - 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pulled the trigger moments ago on a bottle of Hammam Bouquet. Merry Freaking X-Mas to me.:tongue_sm

Four Seasons lets you pick some samples when you buy so hopefully the Hammam will be accompanied by samples of Montale Black Aoud and Roses Musk and some potentially toasty MPG and L'Artisan samples. Sweet.

So I won the weekly give away, and I was very excited to receive a beautiful puck of Lavender soap. Thanks Suzie, I know I will enjoy it.

This week, I got a Brand new Gillette travel razor, 1960's in the case, with a single blade. Aluminum handle, I haven't tried it out yet.

Also I got a Red Tip, in trade with a fellow member, for my 1956 Blue Tip aluminum. I like it much more, but also have not shaved with it yet.

Great score Jakob, How does it shave?

Thanks. I haven't tried it yet. My face is still recovering from my "poor lather with new soap meets too much eagerness with a Gillette swede" experience (ouch!)

From the looks of it I suspect it to be fairly agressive though.

Regards.

Jakob

This week, I got a Brand new Gillette travel razor, 1960's in the case, with a single blade. Aluminum handle, I haven't tried it out yet.

Also I got a Red Tip, in trade with a fellow member, for my 1956 Blue Tip aluminum. I like it much more, but also have not shaved with it yet.

I added one of CooncatBob's handles to one of those and what a sweet combination!

proxy.php

proxy.php

This came in over the weekend, but did not get to pick it up until last night. I still need to clean and polish the razors. 1 Gem Black handle, 1 Ever Ready Ornate handle, 1 Gem White handle, 1 Star plain handle, 1 Gem plain handle, 1 Enders Speed, a Valet head and several packs of DE blades. All for .99 plus shipping! Anyone know anything about the Enders? I think it may be missing a part of the head.

Shaving brush tube
MB rosemary mint soap (have not used it yet but smells SOOO good)
MB sandalwood vanilla shave stick
Box o' derbys (I prefer these over the merkurs which had been my only blade)
Fonex ASC came free with the derbys
66 SS (that I plan on using for the first time this weekend)

proxy.php

TOBS Eton College Cologne
Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS
Witch Hazel and Witch Hazel pads
Clubman AS
Clubman Talc
and a floris and pen sample.

He he - from the pictures at the auction I knew that this old fellow was not in pristine shape. But, it showed out to be in even worse state when it showed up:

proxy.php

proxy.php

The razor bears no markings or stampings. The handle, which is in pretty good shape is cromed brass, the head is cromed zinc with heavy plate loss and a broken tooth. The box is wood covered with paper.

proxy.php

Included was a package of Danish Jyden nr. 50 stainless cold hardened old-type blades and the comb from a Gillette Old Style, probably used as a replacement for the original comb with the proken tooth. Maybe one should try one of the blades in a Gillette Old Style someday?

Regards.

Jakob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom