What's new

Acquisitions December 15 - 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
After many months of coveting, I finally have my Lined Chatsworth (and some other goodies)! Although I was a bit surprised to see that it has the new Mühle head, instead of my beloved Merkur head. I'm very interested to see how it performs...Aesthetically, I love it. Its clean lines give it an elegance that is somewhat lacking in the Merkurs.

full

I have the new Mühle with that head and love it. Unfortunately, I've never shaved with the Merkur HD head so I can't make a comparison for you.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, the lined Chatsworth is next on my list! I hadn't paid attention recently, when did they stop using Merkur heads? Is it still possible to get one with a Merkur head?

I'm not sure when they stopped using Merkur heads. But it must have been recently, because their distributor's website still shows the Merkur heads on the lined Chatsworth (hence my surprise). You would have to ask them whether you could get one with a Merkur head...that I do not know. Although, I guess if you were desperate (and didn't care about the lower quality plating), you could always just exchange a 3-piece Merkur head for the Muhle one. They're interchangeable. To be honest, the geometry of the head, the angles, and the blade gap all look nearly identical to Merkur heads.

Nice Score!

interesting, an update would be great on the performance and difference in the Mühle head!

Thanks! I'll be sure to post an update...

I have a couple hauls to show off that I am excited about. I will only post one pic of each here, but click on either one and it will take you to a gallery of the razor. The ebay images are also included in the gallery.

#58, MTGrayling hooked me up with a case for it too! Thanks Chris

TV Rocket This is the Rhodium plated TV Rocket I have been looking for. I was looking at every flare tip rocket on ebay. :lol:

I have a couple hauls to show off that I am excited about. I will only post one pic of each here, but click on either one and it will take you to a gallery of the razor. The ebay images are also included in the gallery.

#58, MTGrayling hooked me up with a case for it too! Thanks Chris

TV Rocket This is the Rhodium plated TV Rocket I have been looking for. I was looking at every flare tip rocket on ebay. :lol:

Nice Rodd, you beat me out on that TV:tongue: I wasn't sure if it was a TV though.

I just got a 1924 Richwood in the mail today. Great razor! Sorry I don't have the ability to post pics right now.

Nice looking bunch of scores this week fellows.

Rodd, Have you started to build that addition on your house yet?...:biggrin:

SR...the way your going, when you ship out, their going to need a Guppy to fly you out.....:001_rolle

Nice looking bunch of scores this week fellows.
SR...the way your going, when you you ship out, their going to need a Guppy to fly you out.....:001_rolle

Eh, I shipped home a footlocker full of non-essentials. I'll have plenty of room to haul the important stuff! :lol::lol:

Besides, one of these could haul a lot of razors, creams, soaps, brushes, etc...

I was down to my last tube of Speick so I just had to order a couple of tubes from WCS. Also picked up a puck of TOBS Lavender, Musgo Real ASB and some packs of Sharp, 7 OC and BIC blades.

Tried the Sharps out this morning and they were better than expected.

I got this in todays mail:

proxy.php

A replica WWII German Luftwaffe shaving set. I re-enact a few time-periods, but WWII is currently not one of them. I bought the set hoping that the razor was a Merkur 1904. Sadly it wasn't.
The razor is branded Yuma it is cast in a lightweight material and the finish is wery poor. The blade gap is quite big and I suspect this razor to be quite agressive. I am still not quite sure whether I really want to try it out or not.
The brush is actually not bad, I believe it is boar. Though it does seem to loose quite a few hairs when you fumble agound with it.

A few pics of the razor:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

All in all I may have paid a little too much for this lot. But I may be suprised when I try it out.

Regards.

Jakob

I got this in todays mail:

proxy.php

A replica WWII German Luftwaffe shaving set. I re-enact a few time-periods, but WWII is currently not one of them. I bought the set hoping that the razor was a Merkur 1904. Sadly it wasn't.
The razor is branded Yuma it is cast in a lightweight material and the finish is wery poor. The blade gap is quite big and I suspect this razor to be quite agressive. I am still not quite sure whether I really want to try it out or not.
The brush is actually not bad, I believe it is boar. Though it does seem to loose quite a few hairs when you fumble agound with it.

A few pics of the razor:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

All in all I may have paid a little too much for this lot. But I may be suprised when I try it out.

Regards.

Jakob

AWESOME :w00t:

theres an authentic SS shaving item up now that i have a close eye on :001_smile

Just got these today! I know the fountain pens won't interest everyone but they are a 1939 Sheaffer Balance, and a Parker 45! The Old Spice Mug is going on the desk to hold my fountain pens! Best part, I got it $1.04!
proxy.php

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
In the mailbox this afternoon in Balmy Tampa.

Mappin & Webb 5/8 "Nulli Secundus" Genuine Ivory Scales.

A most elegant addition to my shave journey.

It is the "Saturday" razor from a Mappin & Webb 7 day set. My unscientific theory is that it MAY be one of the least used razors from a 7 day set. I wondered if "Saturday" would have been a day to skip a shave for a gentleman, having shaved certainly on Friday and also on Sunday prior to Church, leaving Saturday as a rarely used selection.

Many thanks to my friend Don Addleman (TAZ)

Attachments

• $100_1677.JPG
    338.4 KB · Views: 357
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom