What's new

Hobbies/Indulgences

Since I'm new to the forums here, I'm just wondering what other forms of hobbies or finer pursuits in life the people on here have. Me? I smoke a pipe, enjoy a good beer, use a French press for my coffee, play golf, and ride my motorcycle when I can. Anyone else?

Cigars, cigars, cigars. I like to collect and smoke cigars. Just getting into pipes. My wife and I arrowhead hunt and i like to shoot doves and clay pigeons.

DL

Music.. Listening, playing, writing, recording...

My basses:

proxy.php

Custom Stambaugh Designs 8 string

proxy.php

Groove Tools GTBD7 7 string

proxy.php

Mike Lull M5V

proxy.php

Spector Re-Bop Deluxe 5 string

I enjoy a good beer. I love to read nonfiction focusing on philosophy, theology, and spirituality. I'm the lead guitarist in a band and write songs. My number one hobby right now though is playing with my family (wife and 3 daughters).

Mark-B,
WOW

those are some hella serious basses!!!

Who's your inspirational bassist??

OH, and my hobbies:
Cigars, Bourbons, Belgian Style beers, Reading, Crosswords, Jazz Aficionado, Cars, Firearms, Golf, Vintage Fedoras, Shaving concerns (DUH), in no particular order...

Mark-B,
WOW

those are some hella serious basses!!!

Who's your inspirational bassist??
Thanks!! Some of the bassists that really inspired me through the years..

Anthony Jackson
Geddy Lee
Sting
Ross Valory
Tony Levin
Gene Simmons
Mick Karn
Chris Squire
Steve Harris
Dave LaRue
Bob Daisley
Eddie Jackson

Here's my band's MySpace site if you'd care to check out a couple of tunes..

www.myspace.com/lychesis

Other things I like: Reading, Writing, Coffee, Photography, Snob beer appreciation specializing in Belgian Strong Ales, Imperial Stouts and Authentic Trappist brews. Old school video gaming, NES, SNES, Nintendo 64.

:wink2:

My dogs, occasionally shooting, mountain biking, hitting people with sticks (Escrima) and with bare hands (Pencak Silat), flashlights, knives, burning candles, burning incense sticks, fixing cars, shaving, watches, helping my old aunt to survive in a strange new world, fisher space pens, listening music, learning english, cooking, teaching my teenage kids, trying to find a better job and looking around if something interesting pops up.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I brew beer. That, and teaching, though it has its moments, generally seems more like a hobby than a job to me.

My 20-month old son, my dog, Belgian wheat beer, Belgian-style waffles, listening to music (ragtime, happy hardcore, trance, house), reading, scotch, cooking, baking, guns and shooting.

Photography, Society of Creative Anacronism, Swing/Lindy/Blues Dancing, Reading, Tinkering with a huge variety of projects. And some day I'll acquire a scull and get back into rowing.

• Bourbon whiskey
  • Music (mostly rock)
  • Coffee
  • Computers
  • Reading (mostly novels)
  • Electric guitars

When I was younger, I enjoyed several other things that I no longer participate in, but can still be very interested in: e.g., tennis, bodybuilding, super sport motorcycles.

Tim

Chopping... wood. No, seriously. With an axe. Chop, chop, chop. Oh, and occasionally I do stuff with the wood, but really, I just enjoy chopping it. All sizes, all types. Chopping wood. That's c-h-o-p-p-i-n-g w-o-o-d. :001_huh:

I love

-Cigars
-Fishing
-Swiss Made Timepieces
-Rare Reticulated Pythons
-Weapons (too young to own any M1911's)

V

VR6ofpain

Chopping... wood. No, seriously. With an axe. Chop, chop, chop. Oh, and occasionally I do stuff with the wood, but really, I just enjoy chopping it. All sizes, all types. Chopping wood. That's c-h-o-p-p-i-n-g w-o-o-d. :001_huh:
You aren't going to post photos of your axes? Axes and hatchets are pretty serious. My dad has some axes that he made razor sharp with his grinding stone (big wheel of stone, which rotates in water to grind down the metal). I didn't shave my face with it, but I was able to swipe a large portion of the hair off my arm with no effort.

Top Bottom