What's new

Rolls Razors?

Anybody actually shave with one, I've got 2 now and neither looks used.

Also, what kind of stropping paste would you put on the strop(if any)

I'd post this same Q in Safety razors. Rollsshaver and a few others can give you all the ins and outs of them. I will be looking at the post as I have a Rolls razor headed my way, finally.

15 years ago my roommate in college had one that he used. I thought he was just eccentric. Little did I know what the future would hold.

I cannot remember him using a paste. My guess is that he would have used an oil.

I have had good success using natural bees wax on my Roll's strops.If you can get your blade sharp enough,the resulting shaves are good,albeit not quite as close as D/E or S/E shaves.:smile:

If you want to use a chromium or diamond paste on your Rolls blade, don't put it directly on the strop. Instead, get some medium weight watercolour paper, cut a piece to size and give it a light layer of the paste, lay it on top of the Rolls strop and strop as you would normally. It works a treat.

Best Regards

Graham

I just took one of my old Rolls razors out of hibernation and shaved with it.

Prior to shaving, I removed that guard, and stropped 20 or 20 passes on a green pasted HandAmerican flatbed strop followed by the regular Rolls stropping. I had quite a smooth shave.

I does amaze that this old, yet beautifully engineered gem is quite capable of good shaves. Sure is a pain in the #*###! to use however!

older Joel

Top Bottom