What's new

Salt Baths

Morning. My fiancee wants to take me to Chicago for a salt bath. She read an article in the Trib. about it being a great detoxifier and good for your skin.

Has anyone had a salt bath before? How'd you like it?

Anyone in the Chicago area recommend one in particular?

Kevin

I have experienced salt baths in many different places. My most recent was at the Paso Robles Inn in California. My wife and I got a room for our anniversary for $145 per night that included a private salt bath hot tub on the balcony. We were there for three days and had at least two baths a day.

I don't know any places for salt baths in Chicago but if you like them, they are available all over the world (e.g. The Hotel Gellert in Budapest has baths in its basement which was built directly over the spring and on the island of Volcano just off Sicily, you can jump into open springs all over the island). Have fun! Best, Sam

I've been to the Droitwich Brine baths, near Birmingham, England many times. I don't know how strong your salt baths are but these are naturally stronger than the Dead Sea and you can't stay on your feet! As you walk down the steps into the brine, your feet lift up off the floor and over you go!

It's so relaxing floating on the warm water, you tend to fall asleep.

Just one thing I should mention as this is a shaving forum - DON"T SHAVE THE DAY YOU GO! It's agony. Let me say it again - DON"T SHAVE!!! The place actually has an industrial sized tub of Vaseline there for you to cover any minor cuts you may have.

Highly recommended.

Gareth

Top Bottom