What's new

Post your favourite in the year you were born

I'm just chillin' listening to David Bowie "Hunky Dory" and Tom Waits "Closing Time".
Then I realise they are from the year I was born, 1973.

So what cool things (music and razors, cars etc) happened in the year you were born?
1973 heralded the ferrari daytona that was on top gear last week.
Locally, australia had the HQ monaro, and the XB GT coupe. Also the race prepped XA coupe conquered bathurst with Moffat at the wheel.

My first car was coincedentally a 1973 Mada RX3. It seems I make a subconcious habit of it :D . BTW the RX3 came 9th at bathurst in 1973 :biggrin:

Also I realised when I was watching one of my favourie TV shows again, (Life On Mars UK) last night, it was also set in 1973!

I also realise that most of the razors I've bought here are from 1973. I wanted a super adjustable, and what comes up? A super adjustable from 1973.
Two other I razors I bought (black handled SS and english gillette) was also coincedence that they were 1973. I only bought what was in the best condition, they just happened to be 1973 instead of 1972 or 1974. So I just got extra lucky I guess.
What else is available in "T" 1973 BTW to keep it relevent to a shaving forum? I might as well ask that here, now that I'm on a roll :)

So whats the cool things that happened in the year you were born? Cars, music, film, positive current events?. Or even razors you've collected.

1971 here. Lamborghini had the Miura SV, one of my all tine favorites. Also Norman Jewison's "Fiddler on the Roof" again a favorite of mine. Not too sure about music. I could ask my wife, as she was 11 at the time, but she doesn't really like to be reminded of that! :)

1964: Mustang, Beatles, Henry Mancini, Lambretta Scooters, Bewitched, Civil rights legislation. Good year.

Marty

• The UN headquarters in NYC first opened
  • The comic strip Dennis the Menace appears in newspapers for the first time
  • The King and I opens on Broadway and runs for three years
  • Remington Rand delivers the first UNIVAC I computer to the United States Census Bureau
  • William Shockley, John Bardeen, and Walter Brattain announce the invention of the junction transistor
  • I Love Lucy debuts on CBS
  • EBR-1, the world's first (experimental) nuclear power plant, opens

And a lot of other stuff.

Tim

Top Bottom