What's new

Swedish Matador De Luxe

Got this travel set in the mail today:

proxy.php

Three piece razor, bladeholder (with a Marathon blade) and what I believe is a travel alum block(?)

proxy.php

The razor assembled. It looks like a three piece Gillette I recall having seen somewhere, but I cannot pinpoint which

proxy.php

The Stampings

The case is cheap and has a nasty stain on one side, but the razor looks nice and has a nice weight to it.

Regards.

Jakob

J

Jarmo P

Might be a good idea if you made also a review in the Reviews forum of this razor?

I can do that. As soon as I have obtained enough experience to say something qualified :001_smile

Regards.

Jakob

Beautiful razor !....Yes,that is a styptic pencil for sure.Great looking set,hardly used.How about a shot of the blade wrapper ?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Quite a collection! Thanks for sharing, larzone. The heads looks a little like a heavy duty Tech, I was wondering how they shave.

The second one in a blue case is really nice!

Have not tried all but shave close to Techs. Very mild but I think the OC version's a tad more aggressive.
Still in the hunt for one but not that common in good shape even though they were made here in Sweden.

I became very fond of Swedish razors as of late and would appreciate expert knowledge on identifying them. Here my humble collection:

1) 101? (40g) ball-end aluminium handle (for export?), marked MATADOR, also on top and Made in Sweden

$M101Side.jpg$M101topview.jpg$M101Dis.jpg$M101Top.jpg

and more to follow.

Attachments

• $M101ShortDis.jpg
    $M101ShortDis.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 123
I bought these and much more as a lot from, what appears to be, someone who worked in the factory - there were 'prototypes' and a whole lot of blades/sample blades in that lot.
Any corrections to my assumptions and further information greatly appreciated.

As has been noted, they all shave great - like a HD Tech.

Top Bottom