What's new

Adding essential oils to Witch Hazel?

I was wondering if anybody thought of adding EO to witch hazel?
Maybe this would be unnecessary with all the good aftershaves, ASB out there.
Just an idea that I'd like to try.

some here have tried and it reeked to high heaven or low hell. they also commented it was a bit sticky/greasy. I use Witch Hazel religously as an ASL. For nice smell I just use an EDT.Maybe you could ASL with witch hazel and put some EO on your pulse points.

The problem is witchazel has a smell that doesn't go well with most eo's and also the eo will not mix with the witchazel. If you want to experiment just use a few drops to like a pint of witchazel.

I was wondering if anybody thought of adding EO to witch hazel?
Maybe this would be unnecessary with all the good aftershaves, ASB out there.
Just an idea that I'd like to try.

If you shower after you shave, the scent of witch hazel isn't a problem. I splash on witch hazel (mixed 3:1 with corn huskers lotion to keep it from drying out my skin) after my shave and any scent gets washed away in the shower.

Then again, while I didn't like the scent of witch hazel to begin with, I kind of like it now. Plus, it doesn't linger long anyway.

~Jeff

I've combined Thayer's Lavender WH with extra Lavender and Peppermint EOs and love it. I would say its definitely worth a try. Search the forum for "aftershave recipes" or something like that!

Top Bottom