What's new

Edwin Jagger razors

As a recent returnee to DE shaving, I found there is one thing I miss about the Mach 3 disposable I had been most recently using, the handle. My mitts are having difficulty getting a comfortable grip on the starter razor I bought.
It only took a few days to regain the hang of DE shaving, but I would like a more substantial handle. Trolling around the web, I noticed Edwin Jagger razors on a Canadian web site. They have the kind of handle I would like. Has anyone had experience using them? Are they strong or gentle, etc.?

As a recent returnee to DE shaving, I found there is one thing I miss about the Mach 3 disposable I had been most recently using, the handle. My mitts are having difficulty getting a comfortable grip on the starter razor I bought.
It only took a few days to regain the hang of DE shaving, but I would like a more substantial handle. Trolling around the web, I noticed Edwin Jagger razors on a Canadian web site. They have the kind of handle I would like. Has anyone had experience using them? Are they strong or gentle, etc.?

What kind of razor do you have?
I make longer handles out of nickel plated brass and wood.
Check out my site.

I'll give a plug for cooncatbob's handles. I have one in turned brass that I use with a NEW head and it's one of the best razors I have. The design is kind of like the Merkur Barberpole, and the deep texture on the handle makes it easy to hold without slipping.

I have an Edwin Jagger Chatsworth razor. It is the razor I use more often than any other in my rotation. It has a Merkur 38C head that is fairly aggressive. Great razor.

What kind of razor do you have?
I make longer handles out of nickel plated brass and wood.
Check out my site.
Diamond Edge, a real cheapie, but so far so good, especially with my recently arrived Israeli no-name blades. I don't think expending money to enhance a cheap starter razor makes sense.

the Diamond edge is a treet starline razor, its a decent shaver, but the 2 piece treet platinium is better and cheaper in my opinion, it can usualy be found in the "civilized" world as the Wilkinson sword classic double edge razor,

Diamond Edge, a real cheapie, but so far so good, especially with my recently arrived Israeli no-name blades. I don't think expending money to enhance a cheap starter razor makes sense.

I also have replated Gillette NEW and Tech heads available.

I have the EJ chatsworth in horn i love this razor feels great in the hand and i find the weight just perfect for letting the blade glide across your face

Top Bottom