What's new

VdH and Walgreen's

Popped into the local Walgreens the other day. Saw a lonely puck of Van der Hagen and hadn't tried it -- so I thought I'd buy it.

Until I went to the cash. Not in the database. They called the manager. He looked at it. Looked at me. Said '$2.99'.
I smiled and left.

This grandson of a pharmacist misses the local independent drugstore.

ex,

If you are a mind to try VdH, I believe WalMart sells it for a buck and change. Isn't interesting that the evolution to the larger carry-it-all stores was supposed to save customers money? Save for WalMart, the Walgreens, CVSs, etc, seem to have really laid waste to that theory.

Walgreens and Wal-Mart in my area both dropped VDH soap from the shelves.

There is now no local place i can buy VDH or Williams soap.

I've been to 4-5 walgreens and 3 CVSs in my area and only 1 walgreens carries VDH soap and brushes. A couple of the stores carry pinaud clubman aftershave.

I would say 1/2 of the Walgreens around here have VDH.. but at 2X the price of Walmart. About 1/4 of them have some Lilac Vegetal. About 1/2 of the CVS stores in the area have Williams and VDH brushes. They all have store rebranded versions of the Dorco "Personna" look alikes

I can buy VDH glycerin and select all day long for $1.39 at my local grocery store. If anyone needs to get some, let me know.

I can get VDH Deluxe at the local Wal-Mart for just under $2.00. The CVS only carries Williams. I can go to an HEB in The Woodlands, TX and get all three of the VDH soaps for under $1.50 each.

I can get VDH Deluxe at the local Wal-Mart for just under $2.00. The CVS only carries Williams. I can go to an HEB in The Woodlands, TX and get all three of the VDH soaps for under $1.50 each.

like how it isn't woodlands texas its THE woodlands. freakin' planned communities!

i've found that shop rites tend to carry williams for about $1. i've seen the VDH stuff at target, walgrees, CVS and harmons for a little over $1.50.

Round our way the CVS, Walgreens and the Walmarts all carry the brushes and soaps from VDH.

For some reason CVS is the only one that carries the deluxe VDH brush, which apparently is just a different handle.

The prices for all seem to be within a few pennies of each other from what I can remember.

You can't find any DE blades at the Walmart and the CVS and Walgreens seem to have them at $6 for a pack.

The Walmarts around here dropped the Williams Mug Soap in favor of VDH.

Almost anything you buy at CVS or Walgreens will be more expensive than anywhere else.

Popped into walgreens for a bottle of rubbing alcohol and checked out the shave section. They had:
Pinaud Clubman and Bay Rum
VdH pucks
some scary looking DE blades that were store branded

I didn't inspect it very well but there were some other creams that I'd never seen before.

Top Bottom