What's new

How much $ gillette old type?

I saw that one but, having several of them and it not having a case, I didn't really investigate it. If I would have been considering it, I would have asked a few questions of the seller. Such as: 1. Are there any cracks in the handle tube? 2. Is there a serial number? . . . if not, could I see an end view picture of the head? 3. What is causing the blue tint that I see in the picture? 4. How much plating wear is there?

Without knowing more than what he mentions and his pictures show, I wouldn't bid at all. If all my questions were answered in a positive way and I really needed another Old Type, I might consider paying $5 or $10 including shipping, depending upon whether it was serial numbered or not and which style head it had.

Regards,
Tom

These razors are very easy to come by. I've given away more than I have sold. They're not considered especially desirable compared to other Gillette models, so the BIN price seems high.

I have a razor like this one and like it a lot - with the right blade. I find them to be aggressive shavers and so I make sure to use a smooth blade with mine.

jim

These razors are very easy to come by. I've given away more than I have sold. They're not considered especially desirable compared to other Gillette models, so the BIN price seems high.

I have a razor like this one and like it a lot - with the right blade. I find them to be aggressive shavers and so I make sure to use a smooth blade with mine.

jim

Perhaps so, but they are only less desirable because of the lack of experience with them. I prefer an Old Type over any of the latter Gillettes.

also those damn cracked handles.

if i ever find one without a cracked handle. well. ill stare at it all day.

ill pay someone to post for me.

also those damn cracked handles.

if i ever find one without a cracked handle. well. ill stare at it all day.

ill pay someone to post for me.

My Bulldog doesn't have a cracked handle.
proxy.php

And neither does my 1919 Standard.
proxy.php

Top Bottom