What's new

Carry on luggage help...

Gents,

I'm looking for some advice about the new carry on rules with the airlines. Sans H20 and whatever...

The dilema I have is I have to hop a flight to SC for the extended weekend and I only need a trifold garment bag (for dress clothes)... but I'll also need to pack razor and creams and what not... will they let me carry this stuff on board or is it gonna get checked? Where I run the risk of things getting lost? :mellow:

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Well, the one thing you can count on is not allowing the razor, unless it's a DE razor and you don't take baldes with you. The after shave, etc. may be dicey too, so it's a bit difficult to say either way.

So, my thought, pack everything up and FedEx or UPS or Purolator it to your destination and pick it up on the other end. That way you get everything you need ithout worrying about donating some great shaving supplies to the needy Homeland Secuirty Officers fund.

Just a thought - YMMV...

Peace,

Pierre

Okay what about this idea? What if I pack my garment bag without my shave kit and then pack a box with everything and check the box? I'm very confused as to what you can take and not take now....

Edit: Okay I think that I get it now. You wont believe what you can't take on plane

Tito said:
Okay what about this idea? What if I pack my garment bag without my shave kit and then pack a box with everything and check the box?

Oh, so you're not opposed to checking luggage? I assumed that because you didn't need to pack more than you could carry on that you wanted to forego the carousel altogether.

So, yeah, if you are okay scheking stuff, check a small bag with your shaving and personal stuff and you'll get it right off the plane.

You can pretty much check anything, so pack and go.

Good luck.

Peace,

Pierre

I am very opposed to checking luggage. The last 3 times I've flown me and my stuff don't end up at the same place.

Tito said:
I am very opposed to checking luggage. The last 3 times I've flown me and my stuff don't end up at the same place.
Oh my I sound like a real Floridiot. I meant "did not"...

Whatever are you going to SC for:wink:
I'd think the only way to bring blades and creams/after shaves is to check your bag. I'd rather get my bag back eventually than loose my shaving stuff forever because one of the security guards does not know the definition of "safety razor" even though it is allowed on that list you linked to.

Tito said:
Ed I think you're right...

BTW The Holy City is my hometown....
No kidding? Mine too. Where in Chaleston. I know a lot of people from places like Goose Creek and Summerville say "Charleston" because everyone knows it. I grew up on JI.

Top Bottom