What's new

Aqua Velva

What ever happened to:

Redwood
Surf
Frost Lime
Original Sport Green
Shave Ice Sport

I used to get my dad the sampler in the gift box almost every Christmas. He was, and I now am, an Aqua Velva man. Looks like our only choices are Ice Blue and Musk. I have even heard the Ice Blue Balm is being discontinued.

I wonder if they re-issue it. And if you found some old stuff in a yard sale, would still it smell good.

BTW someone has a sampler set on eBay starting at 19.99 Redwood, Frost Lime, Surf, and Ice Blue, one looks slightly used.

I saw a bottle of Redwood about a month ago on the bay but I was not going to pay 54.00 for it....great or otherwise.......

we can get the green up here in canada, plus blue and musk.

never heard of the others

Barry

Aqua Velva Shave Ice Sport is available in plastic bottles in every Shoppers Drug Mart in Vancouver downtown. Musk is my preference, and I like the original blue too, but I try to avoid the "Ice Sport" as a plague. I bought it once three or four years ago, and never again. But that's my opinion on the "Ice Sport", YMMV as alvays.

The problem with buying it (Redwood, Frost Lime) on eBay is once it is gone, it is really gone. I found a trial bottle of Old Spice(in my junk), that was 21 years old, and it still smelled good, but boy did it burn.

I wonder if Williams/Aqua Velva knows of the "Wet Shaving Resurgance", and if they plan to do anything about it? I think I will write them and find out.

Here in ottawa, no shaving section is complete without the classic blue stuff.

Sometimes the original green and musk will put in an appearance.

recently I found a store with ice blue ASB and another blue ASB (sport I think).

Well, I wrote them. I also invited them to monitor this site. I told them about the wetshaving DE resurgence and some other things. I hope to hear back from them, but they are now a large conglomerate selling everything from vagisil to cepacol to just for men beard dyes.

Oh well, it was just something I was compelled to do.

I've only tried the Classic Ice Blue and the Ice Sport because that's pretty much all I can get locally. I like them both and keep them pretty heavy in my small rotation. I did see the Musk somewhere, maybe one of the CVS stores here so I'll probably try that.

I'd love to try some of the others mentioned especially the Frost Lime. A re-issue of the old scents in perhaps a holiday set would be great!

Al

I wonder if they re-issue it. And if you found some old stuff in a yard sale, would still it smell good.

BTW someone has a sampler set on eBay starting at 19.99 Redwood, Frost Lime, Surf, and Ice Blue, one looks slightly used.

I wrote them in September encouraging - no, begging - them to keep AV in glass bottles and not go plastic like Old Spice and others, but I also asked about the possibility of bringing back Frost Lime, etc. Here's the reply:

Thank you for contacting us regarding Aqua Velva. We welcome all comments about our products.

We will forward your comments and concerns to our manufacturing/marketing departments.

As for your second questions about bringing back some of the old scents, we did not own the company back when Frost Lime was avalable that was the J.B. Williams Company. At this time, we have no plans on bringing back special holdiay promotions.

Thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Camille Tavolacci

Camille Tavolacci
Consumer Resources Consultant

:a36:

Top Bottom