What's new

Best Pizza?

Caro Amico in Portland, OR, Portlands first pizza since 1944, hand rolled dough in the shape of a square, when you get out of your car, the aroma hits you before you close your door

I'm a big fan of thin crust New York Style pizza. Although the best I've had is actually in Vermont.

American Flatbread. The original at the Lareau Farm in Waitsfield, VT.

http://americanflatbread.com

Fresh, local ingredients and a wood fired oven. My favorite? the Wagon Wheel (basic cheese pie).

There used to be a great place here at the top of Orchard Road called Modestos. They have a wood fired pizza oven and did a killer diavolo pizza, thin crust, which I had with extra Parma ham, slathered all over the top once cooked. It used a really good spicy salami, and with a slop of chilli oil all over, with a cold Heineken, it was great sat outside of an evening watching the tourists.

We moved from the area and stopped going to Modestos and I hadn't been for a couple of years when I found myself in Orchard Rd in need of food, and I tried it for old time's sake.

It was rubbish, the salami was utterly insipid, so I called the waiter over and asked him what had happened. It seemed that despite it saying clearly (and still saying now) "spicy" salami on the menu, bloody tourists were coming in with their kids, ordering it and then the little brats complained it was "too spicy". So they changed the salami. <EXPLETIVE DELETED>

Modestos crossed off the list.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
The Mrs. and I really like the hand-tossed brick oven pizzas from Castiglias Italian Restaurant (locally owned and operated by the Castiglia family from Naples Italy), in downtown Fredericksburg, VA. :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six". Yogi Berra

Rediscovered a new fav in the Milwaukee area: Calderone Club in Fox Point. Thin, crispy crust and toppings of absolutely outstanding quality.

Pittsburgh has two great IMO pizza joints, Fiori's in Beechview/Brookline and Bado's pizza grill and Ale house in Mt. Lebanon are my favorites. Great hand tossed crust, sauce, cheese and fresh ingredients.

Top Bottom