What's new

Best Pizza?

When my dad and I would travel to St. Louis. We would have Alicia's delivered to the hotel room. Are they still around(tried yellowpages)? That to me was a great thin crust greasy cheese slice.

You're probably thinking of Elicia's. They are indeed still around. They have several locations around town. I can't remember the last time I had their pizza. I may have to give them a shot some time soon.

IMO the best pizza in Indianapolis is a small New York Style Pizzeria on the northside of town in the suburb of Carmel named Bella Pizzeria.

+1 That place is great. My brothers favorite! He took me there once when I was home on leave.

BTW, I was a Carmel kid.

In Ocean City, NJ its Mack and Manco's on the Boardwalk. They have opened other locations, but you have to have it on the boards.

In Jacksonville, Piccasso's serves a pretty good pie, as does Tony's New York Style Pizza. Both in the Mandarin area.

In Ocean City, NJ its Mack and Manco's on the Boardwalk. They have opened other locations, but you have to have it on the boards.

In Jacksonville, Piccasso's serves a pretty good pie, as does Tony's New York Style Pizza. Both in the Mandarin area.

Never been to either of those places in Jacksonville, but we've always had Vitos, still in Mandarin and it's pretty good.

In Houston, Fuzzy's Pizza and Star Pizza - both Excellent!

In Boston, Earnesto's - the BEST pizza I've ever had.

In Richmond area, a plus for Bottoms Up in the Shockoe Bottom AND Angelo's and Sergio's, both in Midlothian.

If anyone ever has the pleasure/curse (depending on your view) of being in Richmond VA, the only place to even consider is "Bottom's Up". Solid pizza, with quality ingredients, although a bit expensive for Richmond...snip.....

You need to come out to the burb's.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Question: Why are there so few responses from NY'ers?

Answer:
They're too busy laughing at the other responses.

What can I say? My high school yearbook said "most likely to start World War 3".

I had pizza once in NY, I found it highly overrated.

I'd have to agree but there is one little place on the corner of 54th and 3rd that does make a killer slice.

Then of coarse there's Ray's Famous Pizza...just not sure which one...:lol::lol::lol:

Favorite pizza is at a couple places in NJ where I grew up. Best being Romano's in Piscataway NJ 5 minutes from the house I grew up in. It's great pizza and not just it's what I grew up eating.

Now that I am in SC though good pizza is hard to come by. Theres a few passable excuses for pizza, but not many. Best local one I know of is NY Pizza in Anderson, SC. Amazingly, it actually tastes like pizza. And fairly good pizza at that.

M

modern man

Famous Ray's or Original Ray's or Famous Original Ray's?

Should have went to Ray's anything else is a copy of a copy of a copy.

If you ever go to Anchorage, AK, make sure to stop by the "Mooses' tooth." People from all over the country go to Alaska with the Mooses' Tooth being one of the big reasons they went.

I spent too much time at Charlies... oh, and Rumrunners. :biggrin:

If you ever get the "pleasure" of being in the Baltimore area, don't miss Pizza John's. 113 Back River Neck Rd., Essex, MD. Family owned and operated since 1966. The best pizza around these parts! IMHO

http://www.pizzajohns.com/

You had me until Essex, do they have one in Dundalk? :lol:

As for the other spots I have been Gino's East is best in Chicago but it is not a pizza its an Italian Loaf.
In DC, Papa Johns........... that is correct, I can't find nothing here. There is a run down joint outside of Andrews (not Jiffys or Jerrys) I can't remember the name but it was good way overpriced though.

Never, ever get a pizza in Asia. Unless you like fish, corn, and eggs on pie.

Nope. The one and only is in Essex! Besides, if it was in Dundalk, how could you get past the smell in order to eat? :lol:

Ouch! That hurt!

I lived in Elkridge so I know what you are talking about.

Have you ever had crabs from Costas Inn there in Dundalk? Not bad, but I prefer the ones from Scooters in Elkridge.

You have no idea how jealous I am of you right now.

its because of beauty isnt it?

oddly enough, only ate there once even though I enjoyed the pizza. Whenever we order out I always make it a point to order from somewhere in walking distance. 2 blocks north and 2 blocks south of me provides over 12 restaurants and Caponies is the closest.

Now if you're gonna do Brooklyn in the summer time, there's always Spumoni Gardens ... at around 11:00 pm-ish or so on a Friday or Saturday night ... after you drive up the el of course :biggrin:

http://www.spumonigardens.com/

"Ant-nee party of twelve. Ant-nee. Where are you? You wanna eat or what?"

I am going tonight. I'm paying off an election bet. I lost and dinner at L&B Spumoni Gardens is her choice for the payout.

Top Bottom