What's new

The Body shop Shave Cream With Maca Root

Hey Guys,

I don't know if anyone else has tired the new Body shop shave cream with Maca root....I have.

I have used it twice and I was informed by the assistant in the shop that Maca root has fantastic moisturising properties. Well so far it has left my skin sore and dry.

Immediatley after slapping it on my face it started to tingle and then burn a bit. After shaving it left my skin feeling very dry and tight. :mad3:

Has anyone else used it and had a positive exprience with it?

Anyway I'm going to give it one more try after letting my skin rest for a couple of days. If it's the same it will be going in the bin.

Cheers. :w00t:

Yes. Excellent results, as good as the old yellow formula. And great soft, hydrated skin at the end. Obviously your skin disagrees with a component in the cream---the tingling after applying says so. I'd advice against further testing, you're just causing irritation you can do without. It's a shame because it is a nice cream, but it appears you're just going to have to take my word for it :).

Yes. Excellent results, as good as the old yellow formula. And great soft, hydrated skin at the end. Obviously your skin disagrees with a component in the cream---the tingling after applying says so. I'd advice against further testing, you're just causing irritation you can do without. It's a shame because it is a nice cream.

+1

You're allergic to something in there.

It's a great cream that works as well as the old stuff. Just a different smell that's definitely growing on me.

Me likey.

BTW, I hate when I'm allergic to something that otherwise kicks butt; ex. TGQ soaps for the most part. :frown:

I'll have to check it out. I have the face lotion with spf that has the maca root in it. The smell is a bit strong for me, but after 10 min I don't really notice it anymore. Maybe the cream would be a nice thing to try- I guess it depends on how intense the smell is. And if it would depend on if I have a face peeling, skin burning, eye popping allergy to an ingredient. That'd be a real turn off.

I quite like it, got great shaves with it, once I figured out how to use it.
I hear you about allergies, though. I'm allergic to IK, and that truly sucks--it's supposed to be gentle!!!!

I have a free sample of it and love it! I have had no adverse reactions. I am also a fan of the previous version. I asked Santa to bring me a jar of Maca Root because I only have a couple of shaves left in my sample.

If you were not allergic to the previous version you might be alergic to the new one because the scent is different.

Steve

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I've experienced reactions to some products as well. Even some products that came highly recommended, like L'occitane CADE. I can't use it. This doesn't mean it's a bad product. It just doesn't work for you.

Immediatley after slapping it on my face it started to tingle and then burn a bit. After shaving it left my skin feeling very dry and tight. :mad3:

The same bad thing I get when using Nivea moisturizing cream for normal to dry skin. There is something in the cream that my skin just don't like. After shaving with Nivea I get a sensation similar to a horrible razor burn.
Fortunately not long ago I found a cream which contains a tea tree oil, it seems a perfect ingredient for my skin. I do not know is it because of the tea tree oil, but I don't even need AS when using this cream, a bit of cologne after shaving only and that's it.

Anyway I'm going to give it one more try after letting my skin rest for a couple of days. If it's the same it will be going in the bin.

If you are having an allergic reaction then take the cream back to the shop. The Body Shop are good at looking after customers and I would be surprised if you did not get offered a refund or some sort of exchange.

Hey Guys,

I don't know if anyone else has tired the new Body shop shave cream with Maca root....I have.

I have used it twice and I was informed by the assistant in the shop that Maca root has fantastic moisturising properties. Well so far it has left my skin sore and dry.

Has anyone else used it and had a positive exprience with it?

Cheers. :w00t:

I´ve got the same reaction!
burns like h... over my cheeks.

+1 sounds like an allergic reaction. I wouldn't bother trying it again. I really wish TBS would either bring back the old cream or just make a purely unscented one without the maca root. Luckily I have a few tubs of the old stuff in reserve.

Well, don't trash it... either take it back to the store for a refund, or trade it for a different cream in the BST once you're eligible. TBS shaving cream has some fans around here, and I'm sure someone would be willing to trade for something more agreeable to you.

I had the exact same problem. I bought 2 tubs a few months ago. The first time I used it, my face was red and burning like it was on fire. The same thing happened the following day. I returned them both for a full refund.

I guess I am on of the lucky ones that has no allergies to the cream. I find it to be fantastic. Shaved with it yesterday and the day before.

Definitely allergic reaction. I react like that to neem tree oil. Just a hint of it, and my whole face is on fire and get burns.

Anyhow, TBS shaving cream is my first shaving cream that does not come in a pressurised can and honestly, I just don't love it. Some days, when I do get it right, it is very nice to shave with but afterwards it feels like I've washed my face with bad soap. It is easily fixed by toning and moisturising, but still. For the price difference between this and my pressurised can I had expected more.

Don't put it in a bin, put it in my hand. I love MR. My skin is usually a sissy to a lot of things, but not this. Surprising to hear. In all actuality though you could probably take it back for a refund.

Is it burning like an allergic reaction or like soap is dried up on your face type burn? If it's in fact the latter, perhaps your lather is too dry?

I feel bad for those of you with a sensitivity to Maca Root. I love the stuff.
I actually dropped my brush because it is so slick. Leaves my head/face feeling moist and smooth. I like the tingling sensation too!!

I've been using it since it came out. Started after they discontinued the sandalwood formula. I've not had a problem with either one and as a matter of fact am really liking the maca root. YMMV.

- Doug

I've tried several creams to date and found this to be one of (if not THE) best. Excellent lathter, slickness, and I happen to like the scent. Of course, an allergic reaction is enough to ruin enjoyment of even the best product, but I wonder what component could be causing the reaction as the ingredients are very nearly the same as other creams... perhaps the Maca Root?

Top Bottom