What's new

Pics ands specs of Shavemacs merged in one thread?

I decided (ok, my lovely wife also agrees :biggrin:) that I deserve to get a Silvertip Shavemac for Christmas.

Having a tough time deciding which…. I’m going with the 23mm knot and regular loft, but what about the shape and material of the handle?

I guess it would be easier if they hadn’t such an array of choices.

I also think that the pictures on the site, namely in the custom made section, are only average, far from the wonderful pictures I saw in some reviews, and don’t really help in selecting one.

That said, wouldn’t it make sense to gather pics ands specs of standard and custom made Shavemacs in one thread?

I promise to contribute as soon as I'am a proud owner of one of these babies…

One thing I noticed is that the pictures of the brushes when you are assembling a custom brush are squashed down. If you right-click on the picture and view it by itself it will stretch out a little (open them in new windows or tabs because it you navigate away from the custom brush page it closes the window). I thought some of the handles looked odd until I noticed they were are squashed flatter than normal. Also you have to imagine them shined to a high gloss. The pictures in the custom brush section don't seem to show that very well but other pictures of Shavemacs show them to be very shiny (not sure about all the colors but ebony, faux horn, and brown and black sure seem to be). My Simpson Chubby handle OTOH seems to have a matte finish.

I just pulled the trigger on a Christmas Custom Shavemac. I face lather so I went with a 23mm knot and a 50mm loft. Based on recommendations here at B&B I also went for the D01 upgraded silver tip and an extra dense knot (you have to email Bernd for these options). It cost a pretty penny but based on some folks here on the board it is totally worth it. I can't wait to get my brush!:w00t:

If you right-click on the picture and view it by itself it will stretch out a little :

Wow, thanks a lot, the pictures on the site now look like a hunchback brush :lol:

I just pulled the trigger on a Christmas Custom Shavemac. I face lather so I went with a 23mm knot and a 50mm loft. Based on recommendations here at B&B I also went for the D01 upgraded silver tip and an extra dense knot (you have to email Bernd for these options). It cost a pretty penny but based on some folks here on the board it is totally worth it. I can't wait to get my brush!:w00t:

Is it too much to ask how much the upgrade cost you?

Is it too much to ask how much the upgrade cost you?

I'd love an idea of the price too. I have a Shavemac and love it. I too am a soap and face latherer but don't have much spare money and don't want the embarrassment of getting in touch with Bernd and then finding it's far too much for me!

Gareth

The thing with custom made items is that the price can vary based on the details (specifications of the item, cost of raw materials, etc.). I'm sure if you contact Bernd and are up-front that you just want a price and that you may not be ready to buy he would be happy to help you out. Rest assured the markup for the add-ons was significant but look at it this way: I was in the market for a 177/410 basic model and I still bought the upgraded brush so it didn't break the bank that much.:biggrin:

Top Bottom