What's new

NB body moisturizer

Has anyone use this and found it lacking....my first impression was good but now im thinking my fragrance free lubriderm is going to be put in my dopp kit for my upcoming trip. My tats are not near as bright and the latest edition(4 days old) just cant seem to get enough moisture with NB..and strangely enough it burns when I apply it. I thought NB was free of fragrances..what else would give it that burning sensation.

This is one of the few NB products I don't like. I would agree with your assessment.

If you want super-moisturizing, the various L'Occitane offerings with different shea butter loadings are excellent, though expensive.

Glad to know im not the only one who feels this way. Ill be accross the street from one today ill go in there and check it out......thanx.

Hello Sean,

NB body moisturizer is my go to moisturizer these days, especially if I want something with no scent. It does not adversely affect my skin. Your skin must be reacting with one of the ingredients, but it isn't fragrance.

Also, forgive my ignorance, but what does "tats are not near as bright and the latest edition(4 days old) just cant seem to get enough moisture with NB.." mean?

Cheers,
Richard
Up the Road in Plano

Scotto,

Ah, now I see! Would have never guessed! Thank you for the translation.

Well, I'll carry on then :rolleyes: .

Cheers,

Richard
Plano TX

Coche_y_bondhu said:
Hello Sean,

NB body moisturizer is my go to moisturizer these days, especially if I want something with no scent. It does not adversely affect my skin. Your skin must be reacting with one of the ingredients, but it isn't fragrance.

Also, forgive my ignorance, but what does "tats are not near as bright and the latest edition(4 days old) just cant seem to get enough moisture with NB.." mean?

Cheers,
Richard
Up the Road in Plano

Scotto nailed it....majority of my arms are covered with very colorfull tatoos and when I do not use a good moisturizer or nothing at all it shows big time.

I did pick up the L'occitane 5% shea butter(extra gentle) while in the galleria today and it is certainly the ticket...thanks scotto.

My right forearm is done and my upper left arm is done and my left forearm is almost done......so yea im still working on it. The peice I just finished is amazing, the colors are awsome. I spent 6 straight hours just filling it in, after the 5th hour I thought I was going to die.....misserable

I have to agree - the NB moisturizer just doesn't do it for me. 30 - 60 minutes after application I'm starting to feel dry again.

These days I just use what my wife has around - Vaseline Advanced Healing. It does a great job moisturizing and has little to no scent. It's pretty cheap, and they have a giant tub with a squirt top available if you're as dry as we are. :cursing:

Edit: I just realized that we have two types - the Advanced Healing mentioned above in a small container, and Total Moisture in the big tub. Both work quite well for me.

I was at Whole Foods today & spotted a product specifically for tattoo moisturizing. I'm kicking myself because I can't remember the name of it for the life of me. Anybody with a better memory seen this stuff?

I think I should clarify my sentiments - I was testing the NB hand lotion, not the body moisturizer. I just got some body moisturizer today, and it seems to work better than the hand lotion after an initial test. On my hands, no less. I'll report back in my final review :wink2:

Top Bottom