What's new

Lord Platinum Class Blades

I was given a box of Lord Platinum blades, but when I unwrap it the blade is marked as Super Stainless. Seems there's no mention of Platinum anywhere. Haven't actually tried one yet.

Is this everyone's experiance??

I was given a box of Lord Platinum blades, but when I unwrap it the blade is marked as Super Stainless. Seems there's no mention of Platinum anywhere. Haven't actually tried one yet.

Is this everyone's experiance??

I recieved mine directly from Lord, Egypt and they also have the super stainless on the blade. The counterfeits I know off are all the blue & white package. I wonder what you think of them; I found the normal super stainless smoother and lasting longer.

Do you have any photos or links to the fake Lords?
I will try my first in the morning and post back. I'm looking for something less harsh than a Derby but sharper than a Merkur. Hope this is it.

Also, how did you order directly from Egypt??

Do you have any photos or links to the fake Lords?
I will try my first in the morning and post back. I'm looking for something less harsh than a Derby but sharper than a Merkur. Hope this is it.

Also, how did you order directly from Egypt??

There must be some threads on B&B for sure and there is at least one on SMF but I don't have any links at hand.
I found the platinums sharp enough but only for 2 shaves : I get 3 great shaves out of a "normal" Lord ss.
I think that if you want to order from the Lord factory you will have to take something like a 12"-container or so. But I didn't order, I just got it for free after asking something about there razors....
I think that IAMADARKANGEL ( or something close to it) is a member on both forums and he has some research done on the fake Lord blades.

Well, I tried my 1st Lord Platinum Class, and it behaved as I thought it would. It's an in-between blade that's sharper and smoother than a Merkur, but not as sharp or harsh as a Derby. It's what I was looking for, since I have a coarse beard, I require more final pass work that can be lethal using something too agressive (Feather) or not sharp enough (Merkur) - I've dealt with both. I'll go through one blade before I post a real review in the reviews section. I've noticed that this blade only has a handful of reviews - maybe it's not that popular but that doesn't mean that its not a good one!

Top Bottom