What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

Today Taylor Made OT barlow and Ironwood Stockman with a Officers SAK. I also have a Kershaw Speed Safe in my back Left pocket.

$image.jpg

Microtech Lightfoot LLC SA/DA
Manual?? Yep.
Auto? Yep.

Fun challenge?? How to you activate the auto opening blade?? (Hint-it's not the big "thingy" in the middle of the bolster. That's the pivot pin)

View attachment 640238

Microtech Lightfoot LLC SA/DA
Manual?? Yep.
Auto? Yep.

Fun challenge?? How to you activate the auto opening blade?? (Hint-it's not the big "thingy" in the middle of the bolster. That's the pivot pin)
Nice! I was going to guess by sliding back on the upper part of the scales (the black portion) because I recently looked at a Pro-Tech that activated that way. The pins on the scales seem to rule that out though. The thumb stud makes it look like an assisted opener but I doubt that's correct. I don't know, you got me!

I have Spyderco Bug as my keychain at all times. Definitely not the biggest knife. But I keep it sharp and has served me well for the 10yrs. I've been carrying it. Definitely worth the money.

I carry either a PM2 in S30V, or a Spyderco Manix 2 CF90V, or on occasion a Benchmade 710 M2.

Three very classic and excellent knives.

Today was the Old Timer Trapperlock, plus my SAK Signature (classic with a pen in place of toothpick) and I unknowingly carried my Gerber Dime in my motorcycle jacket.

This week, a Case Russlock, jigged rosewood scales. A great knife that is a bit out of the norm for me. I like it.

proxy.php
That's a good looking knife! Does the "flipper" get annoying in your pocket when the blade is closed? Seems like it could be pokey.

I've been carrying this Pirahna switchblade around quite a bit lately, I like it.
I wish we could carry auto/switch and Balisong knives. All the bad guys are, I just want to use it to open packages and slice my apple.

I'm guessing they will outlaw the Kershaw Speed Safe style soon too.

I wish we could carry auto/switch and Balisong knives. All the bad guys are, I just want to use it to open packages and slice my apple.

I'm guessing they will outlaw the Kershaw Speed Safe style soon too.
Oklahoma just allowed them last November and it was about time. I've wanted one since I was 12 and read The Outsiders. But yeah, mines only done boring normal stuff. I haven't given any snitches any stitches:)

That's a good looking knife! Does the "flipper" get annoying in your pocket when the blade is closed? Seems like it could be pokey.

Yes, it is kind of pokey in the pocket. Not enough to be a deal breaker, but it is somewhat noticable. The flipper works fairly well, not as smoothly as a modern design but if you are careful you can open it with one hand. It is an unusual design and is mainly for someone looking for something different.

Top Bottom