What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

Currently carry a Benchmade mini griptilian plain edge. Best everyday carry knife I have ever had. Also a big fan of Spyderco and CRKT knives.

Buck Cadet for over 40 years
$buck.jpg

Always been a big fan of Spyderco, the knives look good, hold an edge well, and are reasonably priced so if I break one or lose it I'm not too beat up about it. The Tenacious (blue handle) is my EDC, the Ambitious (little black one) is what I keep in my backpack.

$IMG_20140510_104147_zpsdjguufqc.jpg

I've really had my eye set on the Doug Ritter Benchmade, It will probably be my next purchase and take the place of the Tenacious. It's such a good looking blade.

$6603976679_12911d0a76_z.jpg

Today my Opinel #6. Slightly modified, with a slimmer profile, so that it fits in my pockets more easily:

Last edited:
My inox Opinel #6 arrived. That handle looks really bulky compared to my older slimmed down #6!

$uploadfromtaptalk1400075381325.jpg

Edit: also shows that my cell phone has a serious white balance problem ... this picture is way too red!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400174887.541566.jpg

My current EDC knife rotation. Not to say that they are all EDC blades, but they rotate in or out based on what I'm wearing, doing, who I'm with, how much risk to personal safety is involved, etc. Not in the photo are my CS Pocket Bushman, and a Victorinox Swiss army that I carry a lot as well.

Spyderco Ambitious, Kershaw Vapor, Pocket Bushman, and SOG Trident are probably my most carried knives.

The Necklance (top right), 5.11 (bottom), and TDI (top left) only get carried if I feel a need for a fixed tactical/defensive blade. The Mossy Oak (mid right) is a woods knife and usually gets carried on hikes with te bushman as backup.

Next purchases are planned to be a Mora classic #2, and Opinel #10.

I always carry at least two. I have a peachseed bone case hawkbill with a cv, yes cv blade and a Kershaw shallot I think its called its the larger leek style. I make knives and requested a cv peach seed bone knife ,no luck so I did one for myself now have a yellow ss and a peachseed cv. probally the only one like it but I am not a stainless fan. you should see my steak knife. jim bowie would be proud of me.

This is my latest purchase, we have a hard time finding good knives that comply with UK carry law (has to be non-locking with a blade not exceeding 3 inches) and amazingly, this thing is legal to carry. The new Lansky World Legal - it's a monster with the strongest backspring I've ever felt on a slipjoint. You'd have to be trying damned hard to close this thing on yourself

$10390365_10152513270024994_135698381110184883_n.jpg

Please forgive the dusty keyboard :laugh:

Last edited:
This is my latest purchase, we have a hard time finding good knives that comply with UK carry law (has to be non-locking with a blade not exceeding 3 inches) and amazingly, this thing is legal to carry. The new Lansky World Legal - it's a monster with the strongest backspring I've ever felt on a slipjoint. You'd have to be trying damned hard to close this thing on yourself

View attachment 451258

Please forgive the dusty keyboard :laugh:
Now that is a good hefty knife.

Top Bottom