What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

For utility, I have 6" Buck folding blade.
For carrying I have a small 3" Scout knife.
For emergencies I have a Gerber boot knife. It is very similar to the current Guardian model.

When I was a Reservist, the guys in our platoon all purchased Gerber Mk II knives, just for the heck of it. Our Regimental Sgt. Major let it be know he did not appreciate us bringing them on exercises, and that put an end to them.

I wonder if that Laguiole could be sharpened to a fine enough edge to shave with.

Depends on the pants I'm wearing...rotate out between SpyderCo, Kershaw SpeedSafe, or a CRKT. Also carry a CRKT Guppie. Still looking for the perfect auto opener.

SOG Trident Elite

proxy.php

The one and only brand of knife that I carry everyday is, has been, and always will be is a Kershaw folding knife with their SpeedSafe Assisted Opening Blade. At the moment, I have a 5.75in Scallion (2.28in High Carbon Stainless Steel Anodized Blade) - in Camo.

$Kershaw Knives-5.75in Scallion.jpg

Last edited:
Bought this one at Home Depot a while back:

Ever since then i've been looking at kershaws, gerbers, buck, and a bunch of others.

Today, the wife surprised me with these S&W's:

(not sure why the pic came out so dark)

Two new additional knives...that I will carry occasionally . A Buck 110 Hunter...50th Anniversary and a Buck Talus 316.

That 110 is beautiful.

I always carry a Benchmade 940. It is by far the best folder I have found.

What I most recommend to others looking for a tough as nails knife is the Benchmade mini Griptillian or the full size Griptillian. I've owned a few Kershaws and the recurve blades are a bear to sharpen but they are still an excellent knife company if you can find a blade that works for you.

I carry two.
Kershaw brawler in my right pocket
And
A Victorinox hunter in my left

A multi tool and a go to.
Plus flash light, lighter, etc.

$knife.jpg

Had to pull a stock picture of it as I work in a secure building (no phones/cameras). I love this bad boy and have had it as a daily carry since late 2012. Got it while I was on the USS Rentz (FFG-46).

Top Bottom