What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

All weekend I've been using a Cold Steel Recon1 Tanto 4", SAK Trekker, and I always have a SAK Classic on my keys.

Love the Recon! The only reason the AK-47 model is ahead of it is the wave action deployment.
The AK-47 is one of the few Cold Steel knives I've never owned but I'm sure I'll get one someday.
I really do wish they used the plate on more models.

Usually I stick to 3.5-4" blades but I still love the 5" XL models, my Rawles Voyager is a wicked knife.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
My most common pocket knife is one of my Greenaways:

proxy.php

I carry a Gerber Crucial in my pocket. It has a variety of tools and is small enough to not be in the way in my pocket.
Been carrying one for the past 2 years.

I got one too, great knife!

just curious which came first, traditional shaving or knives?

Ah, good to see you here! They both took off at a similar time, the straight razors might have had a slight edge (no pun intended) before I moved on to DEs and this place.
Ive always liked knives and tools but it wasn't until I started using this forum that I became really interested. I now have a bit of a beard though...
Which way round was it for you?

Ah, good to see you here! They both took off at a similar time, the straight razors might have had a slight edge (no pun intended) before I moved on to DEs and this place.
Ive always liked knives and tools but it wasn't until I started using this forum that I became really interested. I now have a bit of a beard though...
Which way round was it for you?

Good to hear, its funny how people around here have simular interests which spread once joining a forum. I tried a straight but it was bad quality and have never invested in anything better, I mainly use SE razors these days.
For myself, my wife bought me a shaving brush in 2012 and it spread from there. I got a DE razor, then some more amongst other stuff.
As for pen knives, thats fairly recently. As a kid I had a few swiss army knives, eventually they disapeared. I always wanted another knife, then last Christmas the wife bought me a couple.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
The local outdoor shop and a knife sale, and I picked up this Kershaw JR Tactical. I was disappointed with the edge on it so spent a couple minutes putting a new edge on with the Worksharp Ken Onion. I've never bothered to trying to get a mirror edge before, but that wasn't nearly as difficult as trying to take the picture.

proxy.php

Legion

Staff member
very nice indeed! Tiny eh. I really like the look of Wharncliffe blades. Theres a place called Wharncliffe near where I grew up in Sheffield, wonder if theres a connection. Anyways, just thinking.

Almost certainly, since Sheffield is the cutlery centre of the UK.

I have quite a few knives in different sizes and for different purposes. Lately, I have been carrying a Swiss army knife because the extra tools are handy should I need to work on a camera.

Would much rather carry something from Laguiole.

very nice indeed! Tiny eh. I really like the look of Wharncliffe blades. Theres a place called Wharncliffe near where I grew up in Sheffield, wonder if theres a connection. Anyways, just thinking.
I'm from Sheffield too Chris, my dad lives in deepcar, just a 5 minute drive from Wharncliffe! Never made the connection between the blade shape and the place.

I too have the etched spin but its a bit small and I'm almost certain i got landed with a fake.

Almost certainly, since Sheffield is the cutlery centre of the UK.

true dat!

I'm from Sheffield too Chris, my dad lives in deepcar, just a 5 minute drive from Wharncliffe! Never made the connection between the blade shape and the place.

I too have the etched spin but its a bit small and I'm almost certain i got landed with a fake.

Fellow South Yorkshireman!

I youtubed the kife as I'd never heard of it and some kid was saying that it was a fake also, I wonder if a bunch of fake ones were floating about, seems odd though.

Top Bottom