What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

I've been carrying this Ka-Bar for the last couple weeks, I have too many knives to mention, I'm seeing if I can limit myself to using this one for a while

proxy.php

I carry a Gerber Gator - clip point serrated. It is a great all around knife. The grip is great even wearing thick gloves. The blade is thick and doesn't bend easily, so it is good for prying if needed.
attachment.php

Attachments

• $Gator-Clip-Point-Serrated_fulljpg.jpg
    $Gator-Clip-Point-Serrated_fulljpg.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 498
Wow... bringing this one back to life! For me, lately the main EDC is either my Lefty Krein Alpha or my Gonzales Flag Lefty small Sebenza...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

With my Menefee Zulu Spear in the other pocket...

proxy.php

I just came into the office to find that my Spyderco UKPK FRN has arrived :biggrin1: The only one handed open/close slip joint knife I've ever used and it's awesome! It's about as much knife as you can legally carry in the UK as an EDC (without having good reason, such as work etc)

Love the Gonzales knife!!

My EDC is either a Leatherman Wave or a SAK. I also have a Cold Steel Voyager.

I have a small Case I use when dressing up.

Just got my first real pocket knife last week--the Spyderco Ambitious. I'm hooked!

Attachments

• $photo-2.jpg
    $photo-2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 181
  • $photo-5.jpg
    $photo-5.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 180
Just got my first real pocket knife last week--the Spyderco Ambitious. I'm hooked!

That's a great start! My first pocket knife was a Spyderco Harpy, which I used the hell out of. It performed flawlessly at my old job running a shipping area.

The plain edge is a great choice, since you can easily put an edge on it yourself. Enjoy it!

I'm a dedicated Benchmade guy. I've owned most of the catalog offerings going back to 2005. Here's pics of my latest find(s) the 2012 Forum knives made for us, these are #16 and 17, steel is CPM-M4 and with CF scales.

proxy.php

proxy.php

More to come.

That's a great start! My first pocket knife was a Spyderco Harpy, which I used the hell out of. It performed flawlessly at my old job running a shipping area.

The plain edge is a great choice, since you can easily put an edge on it yourself. Enjoy it!

Thanks! Those Harpys look pretty cool. I look forward to sharpening this thing eventually. I've heard good things about the Spyderco sharpmaker.

I live in California. Knife-laws here are pretty straight-forward; you can have a spring-assisted knife provided that it is not concealed (*and simply having the clip exposed is enough, I have confirmed this with police). You cannot have an automatic knife, a butterfly knife, or any knife with both edges sharpened (dagger); those are serious charges (felony).

I am a wildlife biologist and work outdoors every day; my knives are tools. When asked if I have any weapons on me, I can honestly answer no. I have a tool that could be used as a weapon, but the same could be said of my hands.

I, too, live in California. That's helpful to know, about needing to have the clip showing. This is my latest knife, a Kershaw Volt II:

Attachments

• $Kershaw Volt II.jpg
    $Kershaw Volt II.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 168

:thumbup: The quality of Spyderco knives really is great too. I've got 3 from their UK legal slipit range - the bug (smallest knife ever?), kiwi and UKPK FRN with leaf blade in black. I'm trying to justify buying the ukpk drop point but I really can't... Yet

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Something from the box, depending on the day and pants. Mostly Case, but Boker, Leatherman, Gerber, Buck and few others can be found as well.
My bigger EDC knives are on the bottom of the pile.

$IMG_3102.jpg

Last edited:
I just pulled the trigger and bought a couple of Rough Riders after reading so many good reviews, can't wait for 'em to arrive!

Black Cat, 3" blade, lockback. Wooden handle, 440 steel, I think. Sturdy little knife, no blade movement at all when locked. Been carrying it for around 15 years. Every so often, I'll switch it out to another, but I always come back to this. Solid feel and it holds its edge well. Definitely won't scare anyone, but I like it.

Top Bottom