What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

I was carrying a Kershaw Skyline for a while. I liked it, but the problem was that to have it deploy smoothly, I had to loosen it to the point where there was some slight wobble in the blade. It also felt a little flimsy, in general.

So, I just picked up a Spyderco Persistence. It arrived yesterday, and I have to say for an inexpensive knife, it is very solid. Also, fairly sharp out of the box. I think I'm going to like it a lot.

Spending the day around the house, carrying a Buck 110.

If you don't mind a substantial knife in your pocket, it's about impossible to find a better value. Or a more iconic piece.

$Scott Foster 001.jpg

Just got this a few weeks ago. Two kinds of damascus with wooly mammoth handle.

I have a number of benchmades and spydercos but I stopped carrying them for fear of misunderstandings. I also found that most of them were simply too much knife. Some days I carry a nice Mcusta, but more often I find that a carbon steel opinel or sodbuster suits my needs just fine. Lately I've started carrying a no-name folding fruit knife which is about the same length and thickness as a pencil.

I've carried a Leatherman Wave for years on my belt no matter how I am dressed: suit, business casual, nursing uniform, grungy fishing clothes, etc. I feel naked without it when I fly.

At work I carry a little Bear two-blade my brother gave me a few years ago. it's small and disappears in my pocket until I need it.

proxy.php

On weekends or when wearing jeans I have an old Boker Stockman I picked up at an antique store.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Due to legislation on carrying weapons in Norway, I usually don't carry one. When I do, it's either a Cold Steel Mini Tuff Lite, or a Gerber DMF Tanto.

Currently tucked in my waistband:

Kershaw Nakamura (VG-10 laminate blade, quincewood and mokume bolster handle)
proxy.php

After skimming this entire thread (which is incredibly helpful), I purchased one of these as a gift. I can't wait for it to get here to see it in person.

Sadly, I'm not a daily carrier. I do keep a Gerber Paraframe at home though. I almost bought an Opinel because of this thread. I can only handle so many ADs at a time though.

After skimming this entire thread (which is incredibly helpful), I purchased one of these as a gift. I can't wait for it to get here to see it in person.

Sadly, I'm not a daily carrier. I do keep a Gerber Paraframe at home though. I almost bought an Opinel because of this thread. I can only handle so many ADs at a time though.

That's funny, I did buy an Opinel No 8 because of this thread. I don't see it replacing my Swiss Army as a daily carrier but it is a neat little knife.

Recently added this one to the fold.

proxy.php

Spyderco Caly 3.5 in Aogami Super Blue steel. Fantastic steel, takes a great edge. It's already developed a terrific patina.

It arrived with smooth action but a little Smooth Kote really eased the action nicely.

Ken

Top Bottom