What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

Wait a minute, there are places where it is illegal to carry pen knife in your pocket? Where?

In the UK it's illegal to carry (without good reason) a sharply pointed or bladed object exceeding 3 inches in length in a public place, with the exception of a non-locking, folding pocket knife

CRKT, bought in early 2001.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
3 inches blade length or total? I must say the the under 2 inch blade on my pen knife works fine for almost all of the things I need it for and a slightly larger knife I keep in my tool box with an under 3 inch blade does the rest. I would have a hard time if that knife didn't lock though. I suppose I could take care of most of the other stuff with tin snips, dikes and Zibra OpenIt. I guess it would be different if I was a hunter or worked in construction.

3 inch blade length, I've got a Spyderco kiwi that gets around the problem of non-locking pretty well, it can't close whilst you're holding it because of a recessed finger notch. You could carry a locking or fixed blade knife if you need one for work however, but the police would come down on you like a ton of bricks for carrying it in public if you weren't working or on your way to/from work

A Swiss Army Classic SD stays on my keychain and this is all I carry. I don't have enough pocket real estate for anything bigger. Although, I might need to rearrange some things to make that possible ;)

I carry a few, depending on the purpose and time/place. My go-to EDC is a CRKT M16-Z, with the Auto-Lawks system. This is a great, spear-point, 3.4" knife with a half-serrated combo blade and a nice fast open.

I carry a Leatherman Wave while at work. (Even as an MC, you'd be amazed how often I need a multi-tool on a ship.)

I carry an Opinal No. 6 on base when not in uniform.

I have Burch's, Hinderers, TAD knives and a few American made Spydies and Benchmades. I need to get some recent photos up.

Going to work I carry a Buck 705V similar to the one shown below. I've managed to hang on to it for over 25 years. In my jeans, I usually carry a swiss army knife.

[img=[URL]http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/attachments/f43/6266d1328329368-vintage-buck-knives-buck-model-705-pocket.jpg[/URL]][/img]

Attachments

• $6266d1328329368-vintage-buck-knives-buck-model-705-pocket.jpg
    $6266d1328329368-vintage-buck-knives-buck-model-705-pocket.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 174
Our government is getting increasingly paranoid and recently brought in new knife laws - unless in the course of work for which it's required, it's illegal to carry a knife "except for religious purposes".

Therefore I don't carry one. It's a real pain at times not having one handy too !

Top Bottom