What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

Number 2 of my "Top Three": Queen Cutlery Amber Bone Stag Utility knife.
proxy.php

I switch it off with Buck Vantage Pro, Buck 55, and standard Kershaw Leek. The Gerber Flik and Buck 110 jeans belt carry is for heavy outdoor stuff and when it isn't 100+ outside. hah

Is it a cultural thing to put guns in your pictures of knives and watches etc? Totally strange to me =/

I don't carry a pocket knife exactly, but I love the Leatherman Charge TTi. I love it for its titanium coating, and quality steel. Also, it's the perfect size for my hands, which are not the biggest. Not supertool 300 big, anyway! The new nylon and leather sheath is an improvement over the last one which was all leather. Now it has space for both bit kits, and two holsters for pens and miscellaneous items on the sides. You can see I stuffed a bundle of inner paracord string in one of them. I haven't placed a pencil in it yet.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I love the TTi, because it has both the hook on the serrated blade, and scissors. Scissors are invaluable on multitools, if you ask me. There are only so many details you can do with a knife. I miss a detachable/fold out lanyard ring. On this one you have to choose whether to use the detachable belt/pocket clip or the lanyard ring. I wish there were both. I also miss an awl. But still, a beautiful piece of kit.

proxy.php

I need to find a slim and lightweight pocket knife for when I wear a dress jacket. It needs to have a wine opener, which most multitools don't have these days.

Last edited:
Buck tempest clipped in front right hip pocket for most cutting tasks and a eskabar in a small of the back sheath (4 o'clock) tucked inside my shirt for self defense.

Carry a leatherman multitool or a buck clip point knife. If i am out on the town i carry one that's a bit smaller a gerber feather weight titanium. I used to keep an italian stilleto in my cowboy boots for years along with my cash.

I carry a small (~2" blade) folding Gerber something-or-other that I've had since 1993. It has black plastic "scales" on it, so I engraved my name into them shortly after getting it. I've lost it 4 or 5 times, including one time after a jump. Becuase my name was engraved on it, it always found its way back to me, even though it took a few days (it's good to have a 4-letter, uncommon last name). I've sharpened it so many time it's at least 1/8" narrower than when I bought it. I also carry a Gerber multitool with me when in uniform (currently the one they issued us prior to deployment), but I typically only use the plier and philips screwdriver features of it. I always go back to my littlle pocket knife when something needs to be cut. I also have a larger version of the folding knife, but I rarely carry it due to its bulk.

Hen & Rooster Canoe, mother of pearl handle. Been carrying it since 1995. The old timer that sold it to me said "If it ain't a Hen & Rooster, it just don't crow". That saying always stuck with me!

Buck Odyssey with Sandvik steel. Takes an exquisite edge, average edge holding but boy does it get sharp. The fine point makes piercing todays hard plastic packaging very easy. My Buck Vantage Pro is currently sitting at home, out of rotaion for awhile.

CRKT Pazoda locking folder 2.5 in. blade. The action is so smooth on this knife I can one-handed open with a flick of the wrist faster than my buddy can open his switch blade.

I almost always carry my Microtech "Ultratech" double-edged, non-serrated dual-action out-the-front automatic with a carbon fiber scale on one side. I often also carry my good ol' Victorinox Swiss Champion that I bought new back in '85 or '86 or thereabouts (before they added the pliers and rechristened it "The Champ"). The phillips head driver is a little stripped out and the small blade has a little notch melted out of it from where I had to cut through a live wire on a smoke detector I couldn't get to shut off when I was trying to sleep, but other than that it's in pretty good shape considering how much use I've gotten out of it over the years...

I rotate between traditional slippies, Saks, folders and a couple small, custom fixed blades. Usually have a good pair of Klein scissors as well.

proxy.php

I usually carry a Spyderco delica 4 plain edge. Occasionally if I am travelling I will carry a large Douk Douk. A Mercator Kat is always in my shoulder bag too. I can shave with the Douk Douk.

I am taking the term pocket knife very lightly...this knife fits in my pocket so it is a pocket knife :)
Bechmade 10100SBP LFK
proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom