What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

Here's mine; the Buck Mayo Hilo, although I don't usually carry it on me (it's a little big,closed it's 4.5", and the blade length is about 3.6"). Anyone have any experience sharpening 'bead finished' knives like these? I'm a little hesitant to...

Are you concerned about scratching the blade when sharpening??
Put some masking tape along the edge of the blade, that will help.

Another Kershaw guy here. I carry a Leek. Nice pocket knife. Initially I was worried about the speed-safe opening but it is a neat little feature.

Small multi-blade folders - no gadgets, just 2-4 blades and not too bulky. Tree brand, Schatt and Morgan, AG Russell, Boker, or similar. I used to carry a Swiss Army climber in my briefcase - good for travel with scissors and a corkscrew. Since the newer FAA restrictions, it sits in the drawer most of the time.

I've carried a pocket knife since I was nine years old. My dad always has so he introduced me to them. I mostly carry a Case mini copperhead of which I have two. I also have a Case pen knife, a Buck, a Barlow, a Swiss Army knife, and an unidentifiable knife that my grandfather used to carry.

A good old SAK....A simple one in my lunch bag and an old "camper" for trips and around the house.

Swiss Army has been in my pocket almost 20 years. The model is called the Tinker. There is a small phillips screwdriver instead of a corkscrew.

I carried an antique Barlow pearl handled 3" knife with me until it was misplaced fairly recently. :mad:

If it turns out that I still have it and I find it, I will continue to carry it.

+1 for Kershaw. I bought one a good number of years back, and it's been fantastic.

proxy.php

Found this at k-mart for $7. Holds an edge better than alot of $40 to $50 knives I've had. Its my everyday knife.

Emerson CQC-7B. I own a few knives, Benchmade, Cold Steel, Kershaw and a few others, but this Emerson just beats them out for edge holding and everyday toughness.

full

Al

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious about the Tanto blade style shown in the Emerson CQC-7 photo. I know it's supposed to be stronger - and I can see that benefit in a self defense application - but is it okay to use in an everyday application, or do you think a more traditional style would be more useful? I also imagine that extra edge makes it difficult to sharpen?

I would like to have an Emerson and can't decide if I should go with this blade or the spearpoint/traditional.

I carry either a Case trapper or Old Timer trapper every day, just depends which one I grab in the morning.

Why, I even carry a pocket knife is beyond me, eight hours a day I have 4 knives in a scabbard on my hip. When I leave work they leave with me.

Top Bottom