What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

On and off duty I carry Benchmade more than any other brand. I have several of their auto-opening (switchblade type) knives.

In my limited experience I have found Kershaws, every model of theirs I've seen, to be outstanding. I'm sure someone else will be able to chime with with a particular model to fit your bill.

Edit: Also out of the box, if you do choose a Kershaw, it will literally be sharp enough to shave with. :wink:

+1 Kershaws are great knives. I have several Ken Onion "spring assisted" opening Kershaws.

The pics below are of some of my Benchmade's

The usual in my pocket is a nice compact (2 7/8" closed; 2 1/8" blade) Will Henry I bought years ago... Very easy and smooth one handed open/close; needs some sharpening though.

In my limited experience I have found Kershaws, every model of theirs I've seen, to be outstanding. I'm sure someone else will be able to chime with with a particular model to fit your bill.

Edit: Also out of the box, if you do choose a Kershaw, it will literally be sharp enough to shave with. :wink:

Yea Kershaws are nice I owned 3 in the past very nice i just always seem to lose them lol. Happens like that alot when you work offshore

Currently tucked in my waistband:

Kershaw Nakamura (VG-10 laminate blade, quincewood and mokume bolster handle)
proxy.php

And a Leatherman Skeletool
proxy.php

This would be a good time to recommend something sturdy as I am in the market for a good quality knife. I need something that retains a good grip even with mitts or gloves on and is easily accessible wearing winter weather gear. Size does not matter as long as it is efficient. Also looking for a good flash light and windproof matches but the knife is more important. Thanks guys!

2 knives I carry that would work well are the Spyderco Chinook III or the Military.
I carry a few knives myself(hence the name "Blades"), sometimes you need the right tool for the right job.

Its hard to beat German cutlery.

DL

So how do you account for Merkur DE blades? :tongue:

I carry a Spyderco Delica. Not sure of the exact model, the blade is not serrated. I received it as a gift over 20 years ago, and I have it on me constantly. Well, except when flying.

Generally some sort of small case knife, tiny toothpick or trapper. I also carry a single blade victorinox. I also have the original leatherman that gets alot of use.

Swiss Army "Officer" Victorinox, Opinel locking blade

I have a few others, including an old Schrade that is my favourite vest pocket knife, but it's the Swiss Army and the Opinel that see most day to day use. They provide the best and easiest edge for the least money - especially the Opinel.

Best Regards

Graham

I carry an Almar Featherweight everyday. It is super, air bleeding sharp and so light you barely know it is in your pocket.

Somewhere on my person is a Cold Steel Spectre

as well as a Wenger Executive for the smaller tasks:biggrin:

I have a Spyderco Cricket that is utilized as a money clip, so it is always with me. In addition, I usually carry something a bit larger such as a Spyderco Caly III, Mini Persian or Waved Delica 4. I keep a Delica 4 Spyderedge in my bag should the need arise.

I also have a Kershaw Rainbow Chive and Scallion which get carried occasionally.

I have a Spyderco Kiwi Mother of Pearl/Abalone en route as we speak. I wanted more of a gentlemens folder for nice occasions.

proxy.php

Here's mine; the Buck Mayo Hilo, although I don't usually carry it on me (it's a little big,closed it's 4.5", and the blade length is about 3.6"). Anyone have any experience sharpening 'bead finished' knives like these? I'm a little hesitant to...

I got a first generation Spyderco Delica with the smooth blade that I've been carrying lately. It was in a drawer for many years, and I recently rediscovered it and started carrying. I'm liking the idea of a good knife handy. It's paid off many, many times already; the look on people's faces when you come to the rescue with a pocket knife is priceless.

proxy.php

In my trousers pocket: Small bone handeled Laguiole (though soon to be replaced by a Fällkniven U1
In my bag: Leatherman Xe6 and either Leatherman Micra or Wenger nail-clip (still can't decide which of the two small tools I like the best)
In my bag (when needed/legal): Larger wood handeled Laguiole

Regards.

Jakob

Top Bottom