What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

This is what I carry at work:

proxy.php

I'm so glad to see this thread bumped up. :smile:

Bob O. - You should post your collection, we'll see how tough the server is. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Daily carry is a Kershaw Blur. It's the second Kershaw I've owned. I love it, and I keep it razor (as in shaving) sharp at all times.

Matter of fact, my wife is putting up wallpaper tonight, and she's been having a hard time with her replaceable blade utility knife. I handed her my Blur, and she absolutely loves it. Every time I hand it to my son-in-law for something, he'll cut whatever needs cutting and say, "Damn that knife is sharp!"

FWIW, I really like the reverse curve of the blade, it really grabs on and cuts through tough stuff.

Since my last post I've gotten lots of new stuff and sold off a lot of my old stuff. My current collection is Waved Spyderco Tasman Salt, Spyderco P'kal, Emerson La Griffe, plain small Sebenza, Benchmade 530 and an Emerson CQC-7b. I also have a Tom Krein TK-1 en route and he's making a pocket bowie for me.

Carried a Gerber Ridge for a while, one of my favorite knives. Lost it when I moved into a new apartment last August.

proxy.php

Out of curiosity, I have a handful of $25-50 pocket knives that could all use some love. Any honemeisters out there who would stoop so low as to give 'em a fresh edge? Is it even worth it? :tongue:

Older style Leatherman Wave, given out a few years ago by my company for its 25th anniversary. Has my name and the occasion engraved on it. I almost always have it on my belt unless it's clearly inappropriate. Leatherman Micra in one pocket. My old Leatherman Supertool is in the car.

proxy.php

This one is called a Swiss Army "Midnight Manager" pocket knife. Carry one of these bad boys with me all over. Very small and handy. Knife, small philips head & flat head, scissors, bottle opener, a small light and a pen.

If I expect to need something a bit more heavy duty I have a Leatherman Skeletool which I did a review of over here at the SpeakEasy.

Top Bottom