What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

Smith and Wesson Skeleton Handle, with the Tanto blade...Black Camo that is almost all worn off now, acid pits on the blade from Motorcycle battery, but it is my everyday carry!

Case Sodbuster Jr. A solid, reliable, reasonably priced knife. Made in the USA.
$IMG_4496.jpg

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I sold off all but one of my knives and basically carry this Lauterjung & Co. bartender knife. Over the Christmas holiday I really should use the corkscrew.
$imageedit_107_5970759358.jpg$imageedit_111_8056224707.jpg

I've carried a lot of different knives over the years, but this Case XX 61048 'slim trapper' with Rogers bone scales has been my constant companion for the past 10-15 years. Great blade profile for cutting peaches, apples, and general utility. Easy to open one handed with thumb and forefinger, and won't wear a hole in your pocket. The little Buck is cool too. Used to carry that one back in the '80s.
$myknives.jpg

Always have a case of some sort in my pocket. Actually saved my life about 9 years ago when I was in car that ended up in a frozen lake. Always carry something sharp at all times now.

I typically carry my Kershaw Clash 1605. Solid knife, stays sharp and takes abuse. Not expensive so I won't be distraught if I lose it, except for sentimental value.

$IMG_4598.jpg
Another blade produced in the USA which I find myself carrying around a lot, Kershaw Skyline. Takes a hell of an edge and keeps it for a decent period of time. Got this one for around $35-$40. Reasonable. Not a super heavy duty knife but good for most everyday lightweight tasks

Opinel no 6 continues to be my every day companion unless I'm traveling by air of course. Its extremely light, doesn't frighten the civilians when I use it, and that blade is the true hero of these knives. It sharpens with ease and will hold an edge for a long long time.

Opinel no 6 continues to be my every day companion unless I'm traveling by air of course. Its extremely light, doesn't frighten the civilians when I use it, and that blade is the true hero of these knives. It sharpens with ease and will hold an edge for a long long time.
I had a No.06 for about 2 weeks and fell in love with it. But I decided it was a little too small so I upgraded to a No.08 Carbone. It has now become my favorite pocket knife of the last 45 years.

I gave the No.06 to my niece, who insists that she doesn't need to carry a knife. Yes, girl, you do need it, and this is the one you should have. They call it an EDC for a reason.

Top Bottom