What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

Started carrying a mid-sized swiss army knife has blades, cork and awl etc. It's come in quite handy since I started carrying it. In winter I carry a headlamp as well.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431448091.156176.jpg
The Harpy from Spyderco. My longest at lasting for the daily carry.

Leatherman Super Tool; Buck stockman's knife, and a locking Buck with an open assist stud. The latter is very handy and other than the pliers on my Leatherman, I tend to use this one the most.

Started carrying a mid-sized swiss army knife has blades, cork and awl etc. It's come in quite handy since I started carrying it. In winter I carry a headlamp as well.

For more genteel settings, I opt for a Pioneer Swiss Army Knife that has a finer equivalent to the old US military "demo" knife, which wasn't really a "demo" knife, but had a stainless steel spear-point blade, an awl, an bottle opener/flat screwdriver, and a can opener predominately labeled "Can Opener." I had bought it for an everyday knife, but it looked so good that I no longer use it for that.

I carry the silver alox Victorinox Soldier. Since it was discontinued when the Swiss Army upgraded, I guess I'll have to get a Pioneer if I ever need to replace it.

A Cold Steel Voyager, I think the AUS4 steel is probably the best for everyday use and abuse. This is a 5.5" blade and it saved my life once. While working on a ship, I had one of the speed lace eyelets on my boots catch a mooring line as it was being paid out through a chock that me and the line would never fit through at the same time. Was able to cut the small line that my boot was hooked on. I immediately cut all the speed laces off of my boots and have never bought anymore with them.

Top Bottom