What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

I have an Opinel in my backpacking gear. Great knife and light.
For every day I carry a Case single blade peanut with blonde jigged bone handles and an acid etched blade.
In the woods I carry a Puma folder I've had for 30 years.

I just ordered a Trevor Ablett Bull Horn Pocket Knife which should arrive sometime next week. 3 1/2 inches closed and it looks to be a beauty.

eric.

I got this sweet little Benchmade for Christmas, been carrying it every day since.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
proxy.php

I carry one of these bad boys in a 4" blade and Zytel weighted rubber handle. The best pocket knife I've owned so far, especially at the price point it can be found at. Surprisingly, it also works astoundingly well as a utility blade, since the steel is rather thick towards the spine.

Especially nice is the blade size and heft, as it prevents me from cutting myself which I seem to be awful prone to do on smaller bladed knives.

Had a little accident with my Leek.
Slipped out of my pocket, landed butt down, disengaged the little lock, sprung open, and the force of the assisted open blade flung it in a barrel roll 10 feet across the parking lot.

Blade is dinged up, with a few little chips. The point is intact though, so it will all be OK once I hone it up again.

Pissed me off though, I hate jacking up a blade on a knife I like.:frown:

Mark how many knives do you have in your collection?
Four Case knives, two Swiss Army knives, a Kershaw Damascus Leek & a 'Paul Perfecto' from Lone Wolf Knives..

:smile:

Edit: Oops!! Make that four Case knives.. Forgot about the 'Peanut' I have..

Last edited:
Generally it depends on my mood, I have knives ranging from a Puma stag handled bowie, down to as small as a W.R. Case and Sons pen knife... on average I'd say either a schrade Copenhagen special edition, or a W.R. Case Stag handled 3 blade.

Thanks, I love it! Was looking for a nice auto that wasn't a hog-leg, this one fit the bill. I'm in IT and constantly have a need for a knife, an auto is nice albeit I'll admit a totally unnecessary luxury, but yeah, I dig it. My other daily carry was an Emerson CQB-7 which usually garnered gasps of "CHRIST!" When I'd use it at work.

Top Bottom