What's new

Need a DE for my girlfriend's Xmas present!

After much ridicule from my other half about my slight obsession with DE shaving, she had to eat her words recently after I let her use mine for her armpits/legs!

She couldn't believe how much better it shaved than the over-priced Gillette contraption she has been using (has built-in soap around the blade, it's basically a Mach 3)

So, rather than constantly having her nick mine and use up my favourite blades, I'm looking for a DE to give her for Xmas.

What would you people recommend? I have a Merkur HD. I was thinking the longer handled, slimmer Merkur?

Or one of those girlie Gillettes if anyone has one to sell?

Thanks!

John

SWMBO was not taken with the idea of even trying DE at all until a Lady G was produced. She now has a full set... although the champagne one is at the "shave grade" end of the scale. The blue and pink definitely have the edge on the "eye candy".

Not sure if it makes any difference to your other half, but she may have a "yuk factor" in a used razor no matter how long you let it soak in Barbicide etc.

I'm in the same boat...
I'm eyeballing the Merkur 23C... Only complaint she has about my SS is the shortness of handle. The longer thinner handle on this one looks like the ticket!

I gave the following set as a gift. Was well received ...

1 - Gold Thick Handle Tech (handle will not slip)
2 - eShave long handle badger brush

If you go new, I'd recommend the long handle Merkur - the longer handle makes it easier to reach all over. I gave my wife a Lady Gillette as a stocking stuffer last Christmas after curiosity led her to use one of my razors.

SWMBO was not taken with the idea of even trying DE at all until a Lady G was produced. She now has a full set... although the champagne one is at the "shave grade" end of the scale. The blue and pink definitely have the edge on the "eye candy".

Besides color, are there differences between the lady razors? Is one color more aggressive than another? I'm thinking that I might get my wife one as a stocking stuffer to push her down the slippery slope.

~Jeff

Just the colour is different...

Thanks. Now I have to monitor the BST section. I hope there's nothing else there that tempts me. Last time I was looking for something I ended up with 5-6 razors (actually I lost count) and went over my monthly allowance. Will this ever end?

~Jeff

Slant? :w00t::eek::lol:

I am trying to get my girlfriend to take one of mine for a test drive.
I have a slim adjustable that has the longest handle, and dialed in at "1" should be pretty harmless.

She currently uses a Venus, complete with the floppy head and aloe strips :rolleyes:

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I thought that Gordon said to a woman that she ought to use another type of razor. He is one of the best advisors on the DE razor. They are difficult to use and a woman could get a permanent cut.

Top Bottom