What's new

Christmas Songs

I need to buy a Xmas cd...you know, with the classical songs...White xmas etc...i'd like some crooner or nice feminine voice.Wich one should i buy?

I have many Christmas Albums, and one of my favorites is Frank Sinatra's. Put out by COLUMBIA records as "Christmas Songs by Sinatra". Hope that helps.

Classical songs? Are you talking about classical music or classical Christmas music (like Little Drummer Boy, Jingle Bells, etc.)?

I can make recommendations on both fronts if needed.:biggrin:

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
You really cant go wrong with

Time Life Christmas Music Set. It has a great deal of songs from all the different catagories.

I'll plus one all the aforementioned suggestions - Sonatra, Crosby, Time Life sets, and throw in some TSO for extra good measure....:biggrin1:

but really, the Time Life sets have a good eclectic mix of original, familiar, classic Christmas tunes, you get a little bit of everything in them

Ella Fitzgerald has at least two Christmas albums -- one more secular (Swinging Christmas), one more sacred, that I know of.

Some great recommendations thus far. Just realized I misread the original post. (Where are my glasses?)

Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" album.

I was just coming back here to post this. I love Bing's Christmas music. It's some of the best.

There's also a Sinatra/Crosby Christmas CD. Don't know if it's still in print, but it's a good one.

For a more upbeat Christmas CD - The Jackson 5's Christmas album. :biggrin: Interesting interpretations on classics. Also, the Temptations have a decent one as well.

If you like Elvis, you can't go wrong with his Christmas stuff. Same goes for Neil Diamond.

So there we go. A range of suggestions. :biggrin:

I also like all of the Harry Connick Jr. Christmas CDs. He's got a good classic sound and solid arranging skills, mixed in with some nice original stuff.

And Don't forget the Dean Martin CD, "Making Spirits Bright". You can't go wrong with Dino, IMHO!

Thanks guys...:thumbup:

Sinatra, of course!! I' ve seen some...and Diana Krall too.

Ella have one too!? Well it will be an option...

+ 1 on Bing Crosby's White Christmas and Nat King Cole's Christmas Albums. I know some people do not like non-traditional Chrismas music, but Diana Krall's Chrismas Songs album is excellent if you like jazz based Christmas songs. In addition, don't laugh...Vince Guaraldi's "A Charlie Brown Christmas". This album contains all those songs that some of us grew up listening to as kids when the annual Charlie Brown Christmas Show came on tv. It is a very well crafted jazz Christmas album that you should give a listen to.

A favorite of mine for many years has been Charley Pride's Christmas album. The LP was originally titled "Christmas in My Home Town." I believe the CD title was "Happy Christmas Day."

If you will consider an instrumental version of the classics, I would recommend Beegie Adair. She is an incredible jazz pianist, whose music is available on amazon.com. You can choose from 3 or 4 options. She's one of the few who know not to add "too many notes."

OKAY, I'm bracing for the slam.
It isn't Christmas season until I play Willie Nelsons "Pretty Papers" CD..
Ken

Top Bottom