What's new

Acquisitions Monday October 2nd - Sunday October 8th

What, 12:30 and no one's got a new Acquisition thread up yet?

I'll start the festivities:

full

I'd been away from home for so long that I forgot this purchase would be waiting for me. Man that's some good smellin' stuff! :thumbup:

-Nick (Will they think I'm weird if I sleep with the open Lavender/Vanilla tub on my pillow?)

Last edited by a moderator:
3- mini tubes of aftershave Eclina aftershave balsem
2-mini Tubes of aftershave Eclina face cream.

Slow start but the week is still young...

Just got my C&E shave cream- NOMAD; you fellas( and ladies) know what's next- I have got to go shave!!!!!!!!!!!! :shaving:

Got some on my hands when opening the very hefty and classy jar- this smells great! :w00t:

Marty

Goosemeplease said:
-but I can rob a liquor store at a moments notice!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I thought Mama Sue was joking ! I guess she really has a split personality !

:eek: :tongue_sm

The last time I ordered the jars in for the shaving soaps, I referred to it as my stocking order for jars....

Jim has been giving me a hard time about my 'stocking' order ever since... there for, I placed a stocking order for
him.... :biggrin: :biggrin: here is the link.... http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5907 It is the 'soap' version of L'eggs....

Rene, it was kind of a private joke that got out of control..... ;-)

Sue

I just received a couple of items I picked up on eBay. This is gold Fat Boy (D3) and a small ceramic pot intended for soaking / sterilizing safety razors. I think this will look nice on top of my new shaving supplies cabinet.

Cheers,

My ( new to me ) Simpson Harvard 5 in Best arrived today from slcsteve.
Thanks for the great brush, and for shipping it so quickly.

Also...Goosemeplease sent me a bunch of really cool stuff. Thanks Jim your generosity blows me away.

Cheers, DJ.

If all of my purchases on ebay and elsewhere shipped on time, this should be a very good week indeed. I will be receiving:

1940s Super Speed
1960 Fat Boy
6-pack tubes of Erasmic lather
Tabac shaving soap
Tabac aftershave

Can't wait to get home and find out what's shown up!

full

Goodies from Mama Bear. Both smell great, but the Green Irish Tweed is pretty amazing. I have to agree with her description: it smells very fresh and clean. Can't wait to try it out on my unsuspecting girlfriend.

full

The gold Aristocrat I scored on Ebay. Just got here today. The superspeed was my Mom's, believe it or not. Guess she liked it better than the ladies's models!

Scorpio: That SR-208 is awesome. I want one like that.

For the last couple of months, since I started DE shaving, I´ve been checking garage and estates sales looking for old razors and have found nada.

Sunday I was in a flea market in Pattonsburg, Missouri and found an old Gillette for $2.50. Apparently it´s a Superspeed, the 40´s style, judging by the photos here.

The date code of B would make it a 1956 model. I like that, since that´s the year I was born.

Tonight I soaked it in boiling water and vinegar and scrubbed with an old toothbrush for grunge removal. It´s in the dishwasher at the moment on the ¨antibacterial rinse¨ cycle. Tomorrow morning it goes to work.

An old song comes to mind:
Acquisition disease strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you always want to shave
Step out of line, the mods come and take you away ...

-- apologies to Buffalo Springfield

full

Last week (while I was out of town):

1965 Tech razor (K1) in nearly mint condition from eBay. Total cost, including shipping, was just a little more than ten times the price on the box. :smile: Time to boil it up and give it a run tomorrow.

Today:

Kiwis. Not quite ripe yet, so I figured I'd use one for a still-life. And...

Moss scuttle -- my contest prize -- courtesy of Sara Bonnyman's generosity and the wonderful mods here at B&B!! :thumbup: Thanks, thanks, thanks!!! I'll post my impressions after I've had a chance to use it a few times, but it's a really nice piece of work.

Hello All,

Some more injectors this week. Lady Eversharps with the HydroMagic handle.

I love the long handles and the ease of cleaning of this particular model.

full

full

I have found a convenient method of storing these injectors. The Container Store has these razor suction cup holders. They work great.

full

Cheers,

Richard
Plano TX

The Edwin Jagger razor I won in the B&B competition has arrived. A very classy looking razor indeed. Thanks to the English Shaving Company for supplying such a lovely prize.

Top Bottom