What's new

Laphroaigs 10 year

If I were ever to become an alcoholic, it would be because of this stuff. I mean this is seriously good stuff. My question is, am I drinking it too fast if I'm the only one drinking it, and the bottles gone in 10-14 days? I don't drink it fast at all, it's just so good, I keep coming back for more.

If you like the 10, you'll love their "year" vintage bottles. A friend of mine had a bottle from 1968 (our birth year). I don't remember much of the next day :biggrin:

“Moderation sir, aye, moderation is my rule.
Nine or ten is reasonable refreshment,
but after that it’s apt to degenerate
into drinking”

An Old Highland Saying:

Cha deoch-slàint, i gun a tràghadh.
"It’s no health if the glass is not emptied."

“Moderation sir, aye, moderation is my rule.
Nine or ten is reasonable refreshment,
but after that it’s apt to degenerate
into drinking”

An Old Highland Saying:

Cha deoch-slàint, i gun a tràghadh.
"It’s no health if the glass is not emptied."

Heh . . . I know a Scotsman. He says it wasn't until he got around us Yanks he even realized the cork fit back in the bottle!

+1 on the Quarter Cask. Lovely tipple.

NANP™

It's my favorite bottle and if I make it 2 weeks with only that bottle..I did pretty good. I usually keep a bottle of Laphroaig, Bowmore, and a bottle of McClelland's Islay on hand to aoid the dreaded "ran out" syndrome.

Roger hit the nail on the head. I would also try the Quarter Cask, Cask Strength and 15 year (while you still can), they are all tasty.

Anyone ever think that your heritage affects what kind of alcohol you like? I'm pretty much all scottish/irish (my real name is O'Neil) and my last name is Messer, a German word. Dads family all the way up to my great great grandfather (and maybe more) were all had O'Neil as their middle name and so on. My whole family loves Guinness and Scotch, as well as I do. I can't stand most american beers or light beers, just german beers, a few irish beers, and scotch. Anybody else experience this?

Well if you are referring to Bud, Miller etc., I hardly think your heritage has anything to do with it. :biggrin:

Good thing is there are a ton of smaller breweries producing excellent Beers.

My thoughts exactly, but you never know... don't want to offend anyone.

So I'm about to make a run to a local specs store (that place rules.)

Should I get the 15 year, or Quarter cask, or cask strength?

So I'm about to make a run to a local specs store (that place rules.)

Should I get the 15 year, or Quarter cask, or cask strength?

Well the 15 year and CS will be changing, so now is your opportunity to try them as they are. The 15 is being replaced by the 17 and the CS offerings are going to be released by batches at each batches actual strength, as opposed to playing with it to get a uniform 55.7%. So you can say it will be more along the lines of Aberlour's Abunadh offerings where there will be slight variations in flavors and strengths. Just wanted to give you a heads up because if you fall in love with the 15, you better stock up. What you see out their is all their is. I am looking forward to the 17, however I am sure it will be coming in at a higher price point than the 15.

All this talk is making me thirsty, I guess I need to bring out some Laphroaig tonight. :biggrin:

Anyone ever think that your heritage affects what kind of alcohol you like? I'm pretty much all scottish/irish (my real name is O'Neil) and my last name is Messer, a German word. Dads family all the way up to my great great grandfather (and maybe more) were all had O'Neil as their middle name and so on. My whole family loves Guinness and Scotch, as well as I do. I can't stand most american beers or light beers, just german beers, a few irish beers, and scotch. Anybody else experience this?

One's first reaction might be "No, it can't be genetics", but ... I am a Dunbar (surname), and I was absolutely wound up by my first taste of Scotch. Strong, but strangely familiar. Of course, maybe I should have not been surprised seeing as my blood is amber not red. :biggrin: :lol:

I just bought a bottle of Quarter Cask and a bottle of 15 year.

Man, I thought my Shaving Acquisition Disorder was expensive!!:bored:

Top Bottom