What's new

Do you Twitter

I don't know if there has been a thread on this but I have just discovered twitter and I think it is pretty awesome.

Do any of you guys use it?

I don't know if there has been a thread on this but I have just discovered twitter and I think it is pretty awesome.

Do any of you guys use it?

It's been recommended to me a while ago, but I am not sure what to do there and why.

I didn't know anything about it really until the guy who i buy my roast coffee from mentioned it on his blog. I just joined up and post random thoughts, read others feeds and stuff. I wouldn't call it a full on blog but it is a good place to stick down things if like me you have no other blog.

I recently signed up, trying to find out what happened on part of a hockey game I missed. I havn't really gotten into it yet, it seems a little overly ego-mastubatory for me... But then again, I've been wrong before.

I havn't really gotten into it yet, it seems a little overly ego-mastubatory for me... But then again, I've been wrong before.

No, you're pretty much spot on. It's "microblogging" which is being positioned as little snippets of thought throughout the day as opposed to a longer entry at the end of the night. I find that my tweets (twitter posts) are much more indulgent than my blog entries because they are whatever I find interesting/amusing at any given moment, instead of the siphoned version at the end of the day.

For better or worse, it seems the only "legitimate" application of twitter that I've found is consumerism -- following deal sites like whiskeymilitia or woot. Twitter has spent me a lot of money :frown:

I recently signed up, trying to find out what happened on part of a hockey game I missed. I havn't really gotten into it yet, it seems a little overly ego-mastubatory for me... But then again, I've been wrong before.

Hah! Yep. I tweet, but I'm not so conceited to think what I say matters to most folks, so I keep it light, or what I hope is an interesting 160 character message. I also post updates of my 'status' on facebook -- same thing.

i love twitter. its great to be able to post random messages during the day of what your doing or thinking without writing a page long blog or something. i tweet everyday after i shave about how great my shave was.... :biggrin: for those that have not tried it give it a shot... :wink:

Top Bottom