What's new

I have Toggle-Fever. Is there a cure?

I've got a chance at a Toggle. Not a special one: it's gold, date code F4 - no case, no instructions, some wear and plating loss.

The owner has agreed to come down to $150 US.

I'm on the fence. I like the Toggle for it's unique design. Not sure it will be a shaver for me (Fatboys and Slim adjustables haven't worked for me so far).

Yet....

So, I turn to you, my B&B Brethren to ask: is this a fair price for a Toggle in fair shape? Should I put away my credit card (with my trembling hands) and wait for something better?

Or should I bite the proverbial bullet. Though the money bullet is a little harder to bite right now. Sigh.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Every time I put my credit card away it somehow finds it's way out of my wallet and starts dancing on the keyboards all by it self, It's amazing!....

*that's what I tell the wife anyway*:blush:

That price seems a bit high to me for one with obvious wear. I'd wait. After all, the thrill is in the hunt :wink:

$150 without anything but the razor is pretty high, especially for one in less than minty condition.

Thanks guys from talking me from the edge.

Gruder's post really helped. A part of the thrill is in the hunt.

Maybe I got overexcited about my earlier score and got a little Toggle-happy? :redface:

The price seemed high for a razor with nothing else, so I'll be taking a pass on the razor.

I just got a fair/good one for $65 on BST, I'd wait for another one to pop up. Honestly, though, it's pretty much a really neat fatboy and if the slim and fatboy don't do it for you, don't spend $150.

I paid $125 for mine and it was in the box with instructions and looked like it had never been used.......
I reach for it about once a month and is not my favorite shaver.....nice to have but not the best.

I looked for a year and found my toggle for 20.00 at an antique store. I really don't think it shaves any different than my 58 fatboy, with that said it is one of the razors in my collection that I will not sell. I think it's just a cool looking razor, I even purchased a stand from Em to display it.

I've had my eye out for a toggle for some time now, but for $150 I'd rather get a really nice #66.

Well, you all pulled me back. Then rodd went right ahead and pushed. :001_smile

I do have a Toggle coming my way for considerably less than the $150 I was looking at.

And the difference pays off. I got my #66 for $43. So I think it all evens out. Not a a bad week considering. Of course, I won't be eating anything but crackers. That I find. On the ground. For a year. Still... :lol:

Now, all I need is a prototype 195 and my plans for world domination collection will be shaping up quite nicely.

Actually, I think I have had it for a while. Time to inventory everything and take pics.

Great community here! Thank you all for your feedback and thoughts.

Well, you all pulled me back. Then rodd went right ahead and pushed. :001_smile

I do have a Toggle coming my way for considerably less than the $150 I was looking at.

And the difference pays off. I got my #66 for $43. So I think it all evens out. Not a a bad week considering. Of course, I won't be eating anything but crackers. That I find. On the ground. For a year. Still... :lol:

Now, all I need is a prototype 195 and my plans for world domination collection will be shaping up quite nicely.

Actually, I think I have had it for a while. Time to inventory everything and take pics.

Great community here! Thank you all for your feedback and thoughts.

Where are you at in the Bay Area? I moved from San Francisco to Chicago 1 year ago, and I'm still heartbroken. I really did leave my heart in San Francisco.

Well, you all pulled me back. Then rodd went right ahead and pushed.

If Rodd gave his stamp of approval, you can rest assured you made a good decision.

Where are you at in the Bay Area? I moved from San Francisco to Chicago 1 year ago, and I'm still heartbroken. I really did leave my heart in San Francisco.

You think you have it bad?! I moved from sunny San Rafael to soggy Seattle! At least my daughter is in Chicago so I get to visit your great town from time to time. Cheers, wayward gull.

Top Bottom