What's new

Booster = Water + Alcohol

Hi everyone,

I just used Booster June Clover for the first time over the weekend. It didn't seem to "do" very much for me. After my face was dry, it felt like there was nothing left except some fragrance.

By looking at the list of ingrediants, it's basically water, alcohol, fragrance and color... that's it.

I normally use Proraso splash and love it. Even when my face is dry, I can feel that there's still something there, and it feels good!

Am I missing something here?

Usually, simple = better. Enough alcahol to get the job done without any major burn or dryness, a pleasent (though short lived) scent, and nothing to irritate/react/poison yourself.

Is it worth $11 for a bottle... Not sure. But I do like having an option where I won't be growing a nice pair of double-Ds, and have at least some chance of fathering another child!

Hi everyone,

I just used Booster June Clover for the first time over the weekend. It didn't seem to "do" very much for me. After my face was dry, it felt like there was nothing left except some fragrance.

By looking at the list of ingrediants, it's basically water, alcohol, fragrance and color... that's it.

I normally use Proraso splash and love it. Even when my face is dry, I can feel that there's still something there, and it feels good!

Am I missing something here?

Nope. That's what aftershave are. Now balm is another story.

The Polar Ice has glycerin listed as an ingredient, the other "flavors" don't but it has been stated on this site that all the Booster splashes do indeed have it.
Not sure how to confirm it.

They are very mild alcohol splashes

The Booster samples I tried were very mild compared to AV or SB. Too much water, not enough alcohol, menthol, or glycerin. Of course, if you're after a mild splash, it's great.

Sometimes I don't want my AS to hang around. Boosters Iced Lime cools my face down and fades quickly. I wind up actually smelling the shaving cream I used for quite some time as a result. Boosters Aquarius on the other hands sticks for awhile. Different results from the line but they do the razor burn cooling job quite well and are damn cost effective when compared to grocery store/drug store brands.

Top Bottom