What's new

Best beard softener?

+1 for JM Fraser's cream

My usual routine after a shower is to wash my face with dial liquid soap and then slap on some Noxzema and rub it in pretty well. Then I strop my razor and face lather. Works great for me.:thumbup1:

For whatever reason, the hot towel treatment never really does it for me.:huh:

I use caress bath and moisturizing bar it works great found in just about any store also by the bar soaps and if you check with the War Dept. you'll find she'll like it too

What would people say is the best way to soften the beard "pre-shave"?? I hear that hair conditioner works well? Is this true??
I have much better shaves when my beard is soft....if it's not, i feel that the blade is being dragged through the hair instead of gliding through. I think that the hair conditioner route may be worth a look, as it's not too mush fiddling about. Any thoughts anyone???

I use Candrika soap (70% cocos oil) that works fine for me, and yes it does make a difference

Hot water, then bar soap, then more hot water, then lather. It does not matter if you use $1 dollar Barbasol or 50 dollar MWF. Your prep makes your shave. I shave before I go to bed, so I use a hot washcloth, soap it up, more hot washcloth, lather. Go all three ways, then lather the neck and do a Gillette slide only on the neck.

Perfection. Blade does not matter, lather does not matter, Razor does not matter. Watch doing the slide or it will really really really bite you.

I have been known to use some Dove Moisturizing Conditioner, and even good quality Canned Goo (Aveeno) as part of my pre-shave prep. Both products seemed to work quite well. Your Millage May Very of course.

I am a little less than impressed with the Proraso Pre/Post when used as a Pre-Shave. The performance seems no different than my products mentioned above, and it has a horrid medicinal smell to boot!! ICK!! :thumbdown

Top Bottom