What's new

Winter Beard keeps itching

Well my winter beard is itching like crazy...

any suggestions aside from shaving it off ????

I have to keep it till mid December...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

stop being a girl.

in all seriousness, battle through it. the first six weeks suck. then its golden after that. when it gets bad, little conditioner helps.

V

VR6ofpain

If you are keeping it combed and trimmed, try using an AS balm to help your skin. If it is bushy, good luck.
This is what I am doing with my "winter" goatee. Decided to grow it recently (used to sport one ~4 years ago), so far I have about 8 days growth and the itch is only minor with ASB rubbed in every morning (I just apply to my face as normal).

Use a dandruff shampoo (i.e. Head & Shoulders) when washing your goatee/beard. I did then when I had a goatee and it worked very well.

A lot of the time, your beard will itch not because it is hairy, but because the skin underneath it is dry. Be sure to use some good moisturizing balms and work them into the skin underneath the beard.

This has worked for me in the past.

Use a dandruff shampoo (i.e. Head & Shoulders) when washing your goatee/beard. I did then when I had a goatee and it worked very well.

Use the dandruff shampoo and then use some conditioner. I had a full beard for about 3 years (Texas summer heat and all) without any itching at all as long as I shampooed and conditioned it every single day. It made it soft and my wife even liked it!

stop being a girl.

in all seriousness, battle through it. the first six weeks suck. then its golden after that. when it gets bad, little conditioner helps.

That'll help. (The conditioner. If you wanna be a bearded girl, I say that's your call...:cool:)

New beards are bad for a while. This past time I got a fine comb and combed some balm into my beard, which made me feel better whether it helped or not. Wash your face a lot, too, because you're probably handling it a lot.

Your winter beard can’t take the cold. You need to take that bad boy to Cozumel, right away! You could bring him back mid December, but I would stay for the remainder of the winter!

Keep moisturized. I used Nivea soothing AS balm and it kept the itch to a minimum. Also, get a beard brush and brush that puppy out! It looks like a small military hair brush.

Tim

+1 on keeping it moisturized with ASB.

If that doesn't work, then perhaps the problem is something else.... This might be the solution

proxy.php

I usually just wait it out. I started growing my beard this November and it's done being "itchy". But I do use my shampoo and conditioner on it every day, I mean, it is hair right? Why not treat it like you do the top of your head?

Top Bottom